cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Home media playing in small window

bobknob
Costume Designer
Chadt4141 wrote:
The difference here is that even if the feature was removed entirely, you'd pay the same since you do not pay for it. You pay for the linear services. You pay for DVr services. Now does your money go towards Dish bills, yes, but that doesn't mean you pay for it.

OMG...wow.....'you pay for it, but you don't pay for it'......hmmmm......there is a cost for development (new features, bug 'fixes', research, licensing) and that IS a part of your monthly bill. Plain and simple. This is a 'feature' that was developed by dish and put into dish software on dish supplied (leased) hardware. I AM PAYING FOR IT; whether it's a nickel or $100, it is coming out of my pocket into the bank account(s) at dish.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
You don't pay for it. Dish pays for it. You pay for other services. This is not part of your bill in any way. They could remove it entirely and the bill would not change at all. Because you do not pay for it.

What you pay for is Linear services and DVR services. Notice, that home media is not included. That's what complimentary means.

stile99
Cinematographer
Please stop feeding the troll, Chad. He's trolling you across at least two threads.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Good point. Point has been made, if people still want to argue it, they can.

Magnification makes for full video window - isn't that a clu

rootazoid
Camera Crew
Following a couple of earlier suggestions, I turned ON [b:2dw5a7q3]Accessibility/Magnification[/b:2dw5a7q3] in Settings and my Media [b:2dw5a7q3]videos went up to full screen. Actually, a bit too big, a bit of Overscan[/b:2dw5a7q3]. Still watchable in a pinch. But don't the Dish techs know about this, isn't it a [b:2dw5a7q3]clue[/b:2dw5a7q3] to what went wrong and thus how to proceed to fix it? Are there any of the Green Dish techs here on this thread? Does anyone know how to get one in here?

p.s. sorry for the side issue I provoked about paying for the Media function, my intention was to [b:2dw5a7q3]get this FIXED.[/b:2dw5a7q3]

Re: Magnification makes for full video window - isn't that a

stile99
Cinematographer
rootazoid wrote:
Are there any of the Green Dish techs here on this thread? Does anyone know how to get one in here?

The very first response. Multiple responses after that. They've stopped responding because now people just keep saying they're not responding (demonstrably false) and when they DO respond, it's just to say this has been sent to the engineers and there is no available update, and then people cry about the "cut and paste" reply, and then a couple posts later go back to the (again, proven false by just LOOKING for two seconds) claim that they aren't responding.

They're "not responding" because they already have.

bobknob
Costume Designer
So, if the answer from the 'people in green' is accepted and customers are satisfied, then the thread should be locked with a final answer from the 'people in green'.

Instead the thread is left to fester and get people upset looking for a status or some sort of resolution.

Letting it drag on and on for months isn't a resolution. IMHO.

Saying that you will be put on a list and then NEVER providing a resolution nor even an update isn't a resolution. IMHO.

But who am I? Just someone that pays their bill to dish every month and expecting great service.

Community Manager
Community Manager
We currently have no updates at this time. We will lock the thread until further updates have been made available.
Highlighted

Home media playing in small window - can't use.

dhwco1
Extra
This happened 2 months ago after update. Been awaiting a fix by DISH who is apparently ignoring the problem.

How do I find out when my contract it up?

Re: Home media playing in small window - can't use.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Either call in, or send a PM to a name in green with your account/phone number and PIn. They'll be able to tell you.