Home media playing in small window

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Home media playing in small window

jeffbon
Camera Crew
Dish will probably say that's how it's supposed to work.

awatatah
Extra
I have the same issue since about 4 months. I've even had them just the other day send me A NEW hopper 3 and still the same issue. The need to fix this stat!!! :x :x :x

I'm glad I found this thread because I thought it was just me. Everything was working fine until the April update.
The dev team is really slacking on this one. Come in DISH!

awatatah
Extra
I FIXED IT!!!!!!! Actually more like a hack on the Joey 2 with Hopper 3 (only works on the Joey not the hopper)
I was just messing around and I held the info button and when the "quick tips are not available on this screen" pop up displayed, I pressed the"Info" button twice and the "frequently asked questions" screen pops up and the video went to full screen! Just push back to close the frequently asked questions screen and you'll be able to watch your video in full screen. :D :D :D
Now, it's only a temporary fix because once you get out of the media player and go back, the videos will be small again and you'll have to redo the steps to get it back to full screen. It does not work on the hopper only the Joey.
I hope this helps you all out for now until the engineers get a permanent fix!

jeffbon
Camera Crew
This is not a fix. You can also press the red button twice and turn on magnification to get the same result.

JNHMANOS
Extra
I'm having the same problem, and it's definitely related to the Hopper, not my TV or other A/V components. I've used Home Media many times in the past, but it's also now showing in a small window in the upper right corner regardless of what video I choose.

Home Media Small Window

dntawy
Character Actor
I and many others have been having an issue with the home media app. When you play a video file(any supported format) it plays in a small window in the upper right hand of the screen. This started back in March, is there any word of a fix?

dntawy
Character Actor
Thread started on Apil 7th and it's still screwed up :lol:

gboybama
Extra
dntawy wrote:
Thread started on Apil 7th and it's still screwed up :lol:

I know right? It's even crazier because there's no way this is any harder than a trivial fix.

tropez
Character Actor
[quote:fdwwsrxd]I FIXED IT!!!!!!! Actually more like a hack on the Joey 2 with Hopper 3 (only works on the Joey not the hopper)
I was just messing around and I held the info button and when the "quick tips are not available on this screen" pop up displayed, I pressed the"Info" button twice and the "frequently asked questions" screen pops up and the video went to full screen! Just push back to close the frequently asked questions screen and you'll be able to watch your video in full screen. :D :D :D
Now, it's only a temporary fix because once you get out of the media player and go back, the videos will be small again and you'll have to redo the steps to get it back to full screen. It does not work on the hopper only the Joey.
I hope this helps you all out for now until the engineers get a permanent fix![/quote:fdwwsrxd]

This worked for me on the Joey, it also seems to perma fix it for all movies played after that first one. Not sure if it will work through a reboot but we were able to successfully watch some home media last night using this workaround. It's pretty sad that something this simple has taken so many months for Dish to get fixed and it's still an outstanding issue. Very frustrating.
Highlighted

jeffbon
Camera Crew
Now my posts regarding this issue are being deleted.