Home media playing in small window

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Home media playing in small window

djs23
Extra
Same problem here. Just got the new update. Very disappointed with Dish's testing and debugging!. This issue should have been resolved before the Hopper 3 mass roll-out.

jeffkren
Extra
First time in months it hasn't worked for me right after posting this, application not found. Had to reset the hopper...

Guido
Extra
I have had the same issue since the upgrade. I have a work around that seems to work for me, hopefully this can work for others. This is a ugly work around as you will need to change back when not using the Home Media, otherwise all your apps will be very large. I went into accessibility under settings and turned on magnification. Now when I watch media on the home media, it plays full screen vs only a small picture in the upper corner. Hope this works for others.

llcoolcal
Extra
So -same thing for me- all working well with my home media videos -full screen-got the new update about a week ago, now my videos are in the top right corner about 6x9 inches-totally useless.

I called Dish last week on Fri June 16- the rep said he'd never heard of this before and made a trouble ticket or whatever they call it and could not give me an ETA -on looking at the first post for this, was back in April so im not sure when the rep said there was nothing about this and its a new issue was probably a lie.
im sure when people started calling about this, the whole of support should have known

its very frustrating- I checked today -June 2 -still no fix is there anything in the guide I can check to see if any new bug fixes have been made ??
:(

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Dish doesn't release a list of fixes or provide any info about what's included in software updates, would be great if they did.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
It is very likely that he didn't know about it. Home media is not a hot bed issue, especially with it being a 3rd party reliant service.

llcoolcal
Extra
I found that turning on magnification helps you watch the videos in almost full screen- of course once finished you got to turn it off again #workaround
Highlighted

jeffbon
Camera Crew
I guess Dish doesn't regard it as a bug but a feature. I love going through hoops to use a function that Dish breaks with an update. Is there any way to reverse the current update?

Shadowfax419
Extra
This is a problem with the software. I've contacted Dish several times over the last few months. They either don't care about the problem, or don't think it's enough of a big deal to correct it. Just about finished with this no-service company!

wh0knew
Extra
For all of you who thought you may have avoided this problem if you didn't upgrade to a Hopper 3, Dish pushed down a software update yesterday that screwed up Home Media on the original Hopper w/ Sling. Home Media was working just fine (well as fine as usual) before the push, and afterward video media playing to the small window that everyone here seems to be seeing.

I was surprised to find this forum topic showing that this issue has been around since April 7th. Nice to see that Dish has not only didn't adequately test this feature for the initial Hopper 3 push, but ignored addressing this issue for nearly 3 months (and now decided to include it in a software push to older hardware).