Home media playing in small window

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Home Media

davehul
Character Actor
:( Home media is completely unusable since the software upgrade from a few weeks ago. You can't play videos anymore which ha been documented by other uses in this forum. (videos appear in a tiny window, about 1/30 of the screen) I tried to use the slide show function the other day. While I can see the pictures streaming from my computer, the slide show simply doesn't work. Same is true of audio. my music files will stream/play, but only one at a time. after one song it just stops. the shuffle play doesn't work either.
Highlighted

GerryNOP
Character Actor
I have just installed KooRaRoo to check it out. I normally use Serviio. Songs appear to play, but there is no sound. In playing around with my receiver I noticed that if I went to another input, then back to HDMI2 (Hopper), I would get the sound. But only one song. Then the next would appear to play, but no sound until I went to another input and back. Serviio behaves much the same way.

tropez
Character Actor
Hey Dish Network, any updates on this? Can we get confirmation this is a known issue that they are working on and possibly an ETA for the fix?

Yeah so I had a hopper 1gen and got the upgraded software it made it laggy and slow and home media didn't work right. They upgraded me to the hopper 2nd gen and it does the same thing everyone else has been saying all my videos on my network attached storage device (NAS) are shrunk up to this tiny 2 inch by 3 inch picture instead of across the whole screen, then when I try to play music it just skip and hops around the song will not play any song after idk what is going on but all this used to work flawlessly and now it's junk... I would appreciate it if it was fixed sooner rather than later to never! Please!!!!

Re: Home media playing in small window

tkainz
Extra
I'm having the same issue - that being that my home media content is being played in a small PIP window instead of the full screen. I contacted customer service and was told the following:

1. It is a known issue - Since May 9th - Although based upon this forum, it goes farther back than that.
2. The update causing the issue cannot be rolled back - we're stuck with it.
3. There is currently no anticipated fix date.

I was also told this - and this is what I really don't understand.....This latest update was pushed out with this being a known defect - for the other Hopper versions. SO, let's see.. let's push out an update knowing that there is a rather major defect in the code.... that just doesn't make sense to me. What else doesn't make sense to me is the insufficient testing and validation which went into the release. If you have a known bug in the code then you test it against the version of the hoppers you haven't yet sent it out to to see if the same issue exists. Given that concept is a no-brainer, I can only surmise that the powers that be decided that it was more important for various reasons to push out faulty code than to wait and get it right. Most likely the reason being that there are not that many of us users whom take advantage of the home media options (as I was informed by the support person) that merited holding up pushing out the release. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few so to speak.

Unfortunately... none of that helps the case... we're stuck - still paying full price - for a service which is not fully functioning not knowing if, much less when, it's due to be fixed.

Dear Dish... come on - can we get this fixed please? Finding out why the video stream out is being misdirected to the incorrect output channel shouldn't be brain surgery.

dntawy
Character Actor
Loststonerboy88 wrote:
Yeah so I had a hopper 1gen and got the upgraded software it made it laggy and slow and home media didn't work right. They upgraded me to the hopper 2nd gen and it does the same thing everyone else has been saying all my videos on my network attached storage device (NAS) are shrunk up to this tiny 2 inch by 3 inch picture instead of across the whole screen, then when I try to play music it just skip and hops around the song will not play any song after idk what is going on but all this used to work flawlessly and now it's junk... I would appreciate it if it was fixed sooner rather than later to never! Please!!!!

Welcome to the club :D . This has been an issue with a lot of us since March. The only word we've got back so far, that I know of, is that it is a known issue now. I think it's mentioned in this thread: https://forum.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21016 or here: https://forum.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=21105 but maybe it's another, I can't read through it right now(there are quite a few of them) . Anyways, it took over 2 months for it to be a "known" issue so I wouldn't expect a fix anytime soon.

AZJoe67
Extra
Hey DISH, why don't you either fix the problem or REMOVE the feature from the code?

Putting in a feature that used to work, then YOU screw it up and now you don't want to fix it because, supposedly, not very many people use it is really poor customer service.

Fix it - we'll stop bothering you.

Remove it - we'll stop bother you.

DO SOMETHING!

GhungFu
Extra
Yep. We just got the new software last night and the "HomeMedia" option is doing the same thing: Tiny picture in the upper right corner. Seems this is a long-standing issue that hasn't been resolved. Doesn't give me much confidence that this is an old issue Dish refuses to fix.

[b:35lt0jrn]News flash[/b:35lt0jrn] for Dish. We've been steady customers for 20+ years, and YOU have a problem. We use the home media option a lot and will never be satisfied until we get it back. We were quite happy with the old software and WANT IT BACK [b:35lt0jrn]NOW[/b:35lt0jrn]!

My next call to Dish technical support will be escalated. Guaranteed.

mawawilhe
Extra
Same issue here...Have always been able for years to stream movies no problem using PS3 media server and movies formatted in x264.AAC or .mp4. Then all of the sudden in the last month or so when I decided to watch a movie on the media server it started playing in the top right window and will no longer play full screen as before. I have tried multiple compatible media servers and methods of streaming in order to change it but to no avail. I would bet the farm that this is DEFINITELY a DISH problem and it really is some BS!

DISH PLEASE GET OFF YOUR LAURELS AND FIGURE OUT WHAT CODE HAS BEEN WRITTEN THAT HAS CAUSED THIS ISSUE TO OCCUR! ONE OF THE FEW SILVER LININGS IN THE CONSTANT BATTLE WITH TRYING TO KEEP THE JOEYIII AND THE 2 WIRELESS JOEYS IN THE HOUSE ALL CONNECTED TO THE NETWORK WITHOUT UNWARRANTED PERIODIC REBOOTS. THESE REBOOTS SEEM TO ONLY OCCUR AT THE END OF A SHOW OR MOVIE WHEN THE NEXT ROUND OF DVR OR THE FIRST ROUND OF THE DVR TIMERS START UP FOR THE UPCOMING DVR EVENT! AT LEAST BEFORE WHEN THIS OCCURRED ENOUGH TO ANGER ME, I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ABLE TO FALL BACK ON A MOVIE OR DOWNLOADED COPY OF THE SHOW I MISSED THE END OF WHEN THE JOEY REBOOTED STREAMED OVER THE MEDIA SEVER...BUT NOT NOW!!!

THIS IS RIDICULOUS AND SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING. DO YOU GUYS NOT TEST YOUR UPDATES AND SOFTWARE CHANGES FOR STABILITY AND UNEXPECTED CHANGES BEFORE YOU ROLL THEM OUT AS MANDATORY UPDATES THE CUSTOMER HAS NO CONTROL OVER?

YOU GUYS ARE BETTER THAN THIS! OR AT LEAST YOU WERE FOR THE FIRST 15-18 YEARS I HAVE BEEN A FAITHFUL LOYAL CUSTOMER!

THANK YOU

MWW

jeffkren
Extra
Same problem here, called and made sure a report was submitted months ago after dealing with the worst technical support ever... I shouldn't need to explain what the home media function is to you. Time to drop dish and go to direct TV.

Just wanted any of you suffering here to know that if you hit # on your remote then info for quick tips it will fix the screen back to full size, then hit cancel to close.. figured this out thanks to no help from dish.

*You will have to do this every time you open it

One line of code could fix this glitch, your programmer should be fired. Since you must only have one.