Home media playing in small window

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Home media playing in small window

davistw
Character Actor
Yep, got an update to the software on my hopper and it still dont work..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Home Media Still Broken in U349 (5/16/2017) Update

tropez
Character Actor
I've been waiting for over a month for an update to the Hopper/Joey code that would fix the bug that showed up recently with Home Media. That seems to have not been fixed in the U349 (05/16/2017) release that just came out.

The bug is that all home media no longer plays full screen, it plays in a small box, like a PiP box in the upper right of the screen which makes it a useless feature right now. Very frustrating it's taking so long to get this fixed.

Can anyone else who had this bug confirm they are still experiencing it after the latest software update?

[img:3qzjq4e5]http://i.imgur.com/NGaCNX2.jpg?2[/img:3qzjq4e5]

Re: Home Media

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
What file format are you using in Home Media?
Highlighted

Re: Home Media Still Broken in U349 (5/16/2017) Update

YouShouldbeFIRED
Costume Designer
tropez wrote:
Can anyone else who had this bug confirm they are still experiencing it after the latest software update?
[/img]



It's still broken 4 me (v. U480 5-16-2017, hopper 3/joey 4k)

The best solution until they get their act together is sending the stream from your phone (bubbleupnp app best imo) or if your media server has a web ui to send streams like my twonky/qnap setup then it displays correctly, no RR/FF is the downside though..

Re: Home Media

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
What file format is supported by Home Media? I thought MP4 was...

Re: Home Media

DISH Employee
You want to make sure your device needs to be connected to the same network as the Hopper to succeed. Nothing is listed specifically.

Re: Home Media

YouShouldbeFIRED
Costume Designer
e38BimmerFN wrote:
What file format is supported by Home Media? I thought MP4 was...


Video - Containers MPEG-TS, MPEG-PS, MKV, MP4
with combination of Video codec H264/AVC, MPEG2 and audio codec, AAC, AAC PLUS, AC3 and MPEG audio
Audio - MP3, AAC, ALAC, FLAC, AC3, WAV, LPCM

I use mediacoder AVC/AC3/MKV'S

My mediacoder presets..[url:r0ybi827]https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8mYkNAF1j8NSmVkZV9BUmdTYlk[/url:r0ybi827]

Re: Home Media

tropez
Character Actor
I'm using KooRaRoo media server, never had an issue until a month or so ago when a code update broke this feature.

Re: Home Media

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Ok, I had encoded MP4 with H264 and AC3. Home media saw the files I generated however would not play them. Said was not playable.

I presume this is a problem with HM.

YouShouldbeFIRED wrote:
e38BimmerFN wrote:
What file format is supported by Home Media? I thought MP4 was...


Video - Containers MPEG-TS, MPEG-PS, MKV, MP4
with combination of Video codec H264/AVC, MPEG2 and audio codec, AAC, AAC PLUS, AC3 and MPEG audio
Audio - MP3, AAC, ALAC, FLAC, AC3, WAV, LPCM

I use mediacoder AVC/AC3/MKV'S

My mediacoder presets..[url:11lo81kr]https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8mYkNAF1j8NSmVkZV9BUmdTYlk[/url:11lo81kr]

Re: Home Media

YouShouldbeFIRED
Costume Designer
tropez wrote:
I'm using KooRaRoo media server, never had an issue until a month or so ago when a code update broke this feature.


I've tried just about every media server out there (Mezzmo, PlayOn, Serviio, Plex, MiniDLNA, MediaTomb, PS3, JRiver, TVersity, Wild Media, Media Monkey et al.) and most of them suck. I used kooraroo for awhile but did not like having a power sucking windows box running 24/7, so ended up finding a cheap qnap 4tb nas running twonky which is the best option I've found out of a pretty mediocre bunch of choices..