Home media playing in small window

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Media Problem

afraher
Extra
Not able to find anything about a problem i am having. Is anyone having issue with playing home media video or Music. The video start in a small screen. Music play only one song at a time. Any help would be appraciated or is this just a problem with may system.

Re: Home Media Problem

jimgreen1972
Costume Designer
I'm not sure how your not able to find anything about this problem out as at least 5 recent threads on here deal with the same content.. ha

But, you are correct.. the home media has some known issues.. Ive personally been working with some of the DISH people here for over 2 months now for the audio only playing one song, the video just recently started going wacky..

I highly suggest just using PLEX media server via the firestick app for your home media needs..

Re: Home media playing in small window

davistw
Character Actor
I too have this problem. It seems to be tied to Dish messing up the DLNA settings. It does not send the dlna name which causes the players to default to small window mode. PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP..
One of the reasons for having DISH is this capability!!!!!!
Highlighted

YouShouldbeFIRED
Costume Designer
davistw wrote:
I too have this problem. It seems to be tied to Dish messing up the DLNA settings. It does not send the dlna name which causes the players to default to small window mode. PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP..
One of the reasons for having DISH is this capability!!!!!!

If you start the stream from your tablet/phone (I've only tried it with bubbleupnp, the best choice imo) it works correctly, no ff/rr but that's normal when you start from an external player..

YouShouldbeFIRED
Costume Designer
Also, I use a qnap nas running "twonky" [url:22lvheyc]http://twonky.com/[/url:22lvheyc] as my media server, it will run on most any hardware and you can run your media from their web interface without the "tiny window" bug..

[img:22lvheyc]http://i66.tinypic.com/a09qwl.jpg[/img:22lvheyc]

DISH NETWORK REFUSES TO FIX PROBLEM!!!

jeffbon
Camera Crew
:cry: I have been using Dish Home Media to play music and videos on my Samsung TV and Onkyo receiver. All of my videos are .mkv or .mp4 files and were playing fine. All of a sudden the videos stopped playing. When you click on "Play to end", the green arrows start as if it's going to play but then it just stops. My music .mp3s still play fine.

I checked all network/share settings and they are all fine. I reshared everything, reset the receiver and restarted my pc. Videos still do not play. HELP!

Update: Dish advised me on 3/16/2017 that this was a "known issue" and they were looking into it. As of 5/4/12017, the issue has still not been resolved. I wonder if it works with DirecTV?

RetArmy00
Extra
Same issue here and tech support by phone and chat STILL have NO idea what we're talking about. You'd think after a month they could at least muster some sort of fabricated answer that makes them sound a little bit like technical folks, not call center lackies!!

faceplant
Extra
Same problem. Home media plays in a small window at the top right corner of the screen. It doesn't appear to matter what the source of the home media is, local storage, DLNA, etc. For what its worth I am running Plex and have tried Windows 10 Media Server, VLC, and Plex - all with same result.

Model: Hopper3
Software Version: U347 4/12/17
Application Software: AN273

stottosy
Character Actor
This is getting ridiculous over a month. I have a support number and can't even find a place to get status. Direct TV is offering to cover the term fee from Dish.....Looking good to leave Dish if they can't keep their stuff together. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Firekatt43
Extra
stottosy wrote:
This is getting ridiculous over a month. I have a support number and can't even find a place to get status. Direct TV is offering to cover the term fee from Dish.....Looking good to leave Dish if they can't keep their stuff together. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Some admin will probably delete this posting but hopefully it'll be here long enough for others to read.

In my opinion, since no one from Dish's so called "tech support" has a clue, Dish did this intentionally to try and force people to purchase more PPV and On Demand programming instead of just streaming it from their personal devices. I DID switch to Directv and their Genie system works 10x better than the Hopper...and the home media streaming is very easy to use and works perfectly. Directv did pay my early termination fee as well. From what I've learned in the past month, Dish is all about how much money they can make while Directv seems to be all about customer service and making things right for their customers.