cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Home Media

tdiguy
Costume Designer
velponator wrote:
I just registered here to let DISH know that I too am having this issue. The biggest things keeping me with Dish is the home media and the YouTube app. I rarely watch TV anymore but paying for the service just for these options and also the occasionally sporting event is alright with me. If Dish was able to get YouTube working on all devices instead of just the Hopper AND they also got this Home Media fixed, I would be pleased. DTS support via home media is so huge as well. It is such a popular option amongst movies, I don't understand why it is not supported. Very disappointing. I'll be patiently waiting for a couple weeks to see if this gets fixed. *crosses fingers*

Have you checked out the amazon fire tv stick? If you can get what you need through that sports wise you could save a small fortune in yearly charges.

Cgrad555
Extra
I just found out about the Home Media app and I am having nothing but problems. I am using a Windows 10 PC. I have streaming options turned on and I believe I have my firewall turned off. The Home Media app recognizes the PC, but there are no files to play. I have both music and videos. Can anyone provide some assistance on what I may be doing wrong?

YouShouldbeFIRED
Costume Designer
Same issue any progress?

lbeck02
Camera Crew
Excuse me for butting in, but a search brought me here. My question is different, similar, and more basic.

I got the H3 one joey and second, wireless Joey just last week. Very little documentation.

So you can't get PiP on Joeys?

tdiguy
Costume Designer
lbeck02 wrote:
Excuse me for butting in, but a search brought me here. My question is different, similar, and more basic.

I got the H3 one joey and second, wireless Joey just last week. Very little documentation.

So you can't get PiP on Joeys?

My equipment is different so i can't say for certain. I have the older hopper and a joey 2. For me there is no pip for the joey.
That being said this thread is primarily concerning the home media function, which also does not support pip. It might be best to start a new thread for your issue.

tdiguy
Costume Designer
Yea, other than the post a while back from dish on here saying they would look into it there has been a whole lot of radio silence on the issue and no real updates as to whats going on.

YouShouldbeFIRED
Costume Designer
:"Go to home media and navigate to the file you want to play. When it starts playing in the small window press the back button to go back to your media server directory and then press the power button to turn your joey off. Turn the joey back on and navigate back to the file you want to play(slowly. with 3-5 seconds in between button presses once you get to your media server directory and all the way to 'play to end'). This gets it playing full screen for me on the joeys but I haven't found a way to fix it on the hopper. I really hope they get this fixed soon."

This works SOMETIMES..

jimgreen1972
Costume Designer
I've abandoned the home media functionality and am now using PLEX media server via the firestick as well as casting from phone app to chromecasts... Interface is 1000% percent better than the dish home media, as well as that it actually works..

It plays audio more than 1 song at a time, as well as video on the full screen. Incredible.

So now the dish is being regulated to just tv, and pretty much just live tv, as the timer bug stinks.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
You'll need to phone contact DISH support as your post isn't relevant to forum help and information. Good Luck.
Highlighted

Home media workaround

YouShouldbeFIRED
Costume Designer
First I found if you send your stream from an app (bubbleupnp works) it does not have the "small window" issue, no ff/rr but it works..