Home media playing in small window

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Home Media

DISH Employee
DaveM wrote:
Same issue here. Appreciate any updates on a solution...

As soon as I hear back from them I will pass it along to this thread.

Re: Home media playing in small window

dmp87
Extra
Same problem here. Must be related to software update that my Hopper took on 4/7. Contacted support to see if they could downgrade, and NO. Let's go Dish Network! In the last month I have had no local ABC, you have removed channels from my 200 plan, and you need to get on your knees to get a price break that new customers get. PlayStation Vue is starting to look more, and more appealing.

DISH Employee
What I am needing to get this fully looked into is the following in a PM;

Receiver # -
Smartcard # -
Hardware ID -
Software Version -

What is the title of the show and what was the channel(s) it came from -

dmp87
Extra
Mike H. wrote:
What I am needing to get this fully looked into is the following in a PM;

Receiver # -
Smartcard # -
Hardware ID -
Software Version -

What is the title of the show and what was the channel(s) it came from -

I submitted a PM to you. It's sitting in outbox. Not sure if that is normal until you go get it, or if i missed a step?

The outbox means the message was not read by the recipient yet. Mike has gone home for the day but will be here tomorrow
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

jimgreen1972
Costume Designer
the home media should just be disabled until its ready to be released as a functioning component of the hopper 3.

The audio is shoddy at best, as it cant even play 2 songs in a row, and now the video side only shows up in a 1" by 1" rectangle..

Im starting to regret the decision to upgrade to the hopper 3, where the old hopper sling had none of these issues.

tdiguy
Costume Designer
jimgreen1972 wrote:
the home media should just be disabled until its ready to be released as a functioning component of the hopper 3.

The audio is shoddy at best, as it cant even play 2 songs in a row, and now the video side only shows up in a 1" by 1" rectangle..

Im starting to regret the decision to upgrade to the hopper 3, where the old hopper sling had none of these issues.

Sorry to inform you but this issue is happening with the hopper with sling as well, that is the unit i have the old one with 4 tuners in total. I might jump ship entirely since there has been no word as to when we can expect this to be fixed. If i have to buy a media streaming device for each tv i might as well go with something like playstation vue or directtv now or even dishes own sling tv.

herbcohen
Extra
Same problem here. I thought I was the only person using this feature. What's the best Media Server to be using? I mostly use Plex. What file formats are most reliable? Thanks.

tdiguy
Costume Designer
herbcohen wrote:
Same problem here. I thought I was the only person using this feature. What's the best Media Server to be using? I mostly use Plex. What file formats are most reliable? Thanks.

I am not sure on the best media server to use. I have a really cheap setup ( well cheap for me ) where it is a router i no longer used and flashed dd-wrt onto it. Which has a mini dlna server setup on it. It was pretty easy to do since its a buffalo router, not the approach i would suggest for many.
I have a somewhat mixed house of android and apple devices, dlna has been readable by all of them using the right client. All my movies are mp4 encoded and i found that vlc was release on android and apple so with that all my devices can play stuff from my router / media server.
Plex would probably be just as successful except that i am not sure if the hopper would read it since there isnt a plex app for the hopper. However if you decide to use something like a roku or a fire stick or nearly anything else plex has an app on it.
Highlighted

herbcohen
Extra
Not to hijack this thread, but I would recommend Plex based on other experience. The server software is easy to install on any PC on your network. The H3 and Joey accesses it just fine. All good except for this new "shrunken video" problem.