Home Media server for vids over Hopper3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Media server for vids over Hopper3

henerey
Extra

I've posted previously about how this "Universal Media Server" somehow succeeds in delivering Full Screen videos from one's personal PC video storage. Instead of showing them in a tiny PIP-like window, like other servers. But now I've found their v7+ programs to be extremely slow and buggy on my Windows 7. I've reverted to their version 6.8.0 and it works fine again.

Download Universal Media Server 6.8.0 https://www.filehorse.com/download-universal-media-server/33448/

You can read about the program and its features on its home page at universalmediaserver.com - they don't have a v6.8 download link, which is why I posted the filehorse link.

2 Replies

Re: Home Media server for vids over Hopper3

DISH Employee

henerey, I am glad to hear that you have been able to get this working. If you have any other tips that can help out your fellow DISH family, feel free to post them here. 

Re: Home Media server for vids over Hopper3

henerey
Extra

Thanks Christina. I would hope that, best of all, the DISH engineers/coders would be able to use this info as a clue to make the Home Media video work again for everyone regardless of the server they want to use, the way it used to be. This server is free, open source, and available for Window, Mac and Linux.

Plan B, in case DISH doesn't have the resources to devote to this, would be to recommend this server as a 'sticky' post at the top of the At Home forum, and to educate tech helpers to let people know on the phone.