Home Media Threads Locked

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Media Threads Locked

jimgreen1972
Camera Crew
why do you keep locking the threads related to this frustrating issue?

Just because the threads are locked, doesn't mean that the issue doesn't exists.
13 Replies

Re: Home Media Threads Locked

Community Manager
Community Manager
The thread was locked due to inappropriate comments and personal attacks that were made by several posters.

jimgreen1972
Camera Crew
can anybody get a status on what the engineers are saying about the home media issues ?

mikejl46
Camera Crew
Maybe there will be a fix in Hopper 4

almontef
Extra
Any updates on this issue? Disappointed with the lack of feedback from Dish on this.

stile99
Cinematographer
The engineers do not provide reports to front line support. The only update/notification other than an estimate (which may or may not have any relation to reality) will be when you notice it working again. Even that estimate isn't from the engineers and isn't specific to the issue at hand, it would be from the next update having a target release of that date, which as has been discussed is staggered anyway. So if anyone were to say May 4th, for example, then that is only an estimate that a new software version MIGHT be released May 4th. As to when anyone in specific gets it, or if it solves any specific issue, this information is unknown.

Posting multiple threads, demanding the software be rolled back, and making personal insults/threats will do absolutely nothing to solve this or any other issue, and may actually result in posting privileges being revoked.

This is being looked into further. There is no need for additional posts on this topic at this time. Creating new threads about the same thing is also considered moderator evasion. Please refrain from spam and be courteous to each other.

https://forum.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=30
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

bobknob
Costume Designer
Matt G wrote:
This is being looked into further. There is no need for additional posts on this topic at this time. Creating new threads about the same thing is also considered moderator evasion. Please refrain from spam and be courteous to each other.

I am sooooo confused as to how issues are reported. With virtually ALL issues, dish wants a users name, account number and PIN in order to create a poll for the OPS team so it can be prioritized. Now, with this particular issue, dish doesn't care about the poll.

We basically just get, "it's being looked into" and then we are just supposed to not discuss it.

Maybe dish should just post a sticky detailing the known issues that are being looked into (not worked on, but looked into). This sticky then should be updated as issues are fixed.

It would be a lot easier for users to deal with rather than going through pages upon pages of the same issue and dish wouldn't have pages upon pages of customers complaining.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
One reason for many different post is that users don't search the forum first before posting about an issue which may have been already posted. So there are multiple threads. Reason for some threads being locked is that some users are not posting any new information or posting bad comments, complaining too much or posting inflammatory or derogatory comments which are not helpful in any way. If users search and review posts, you'll find that DISH support is ware of the issue. Users need to be patient while DISH support and engineering attempt to correct the issue, test the fix and then push the change. This all takes time and can't be done over night or at a drop of a dime. For users who can't seem to be patient and wait, they should find alternative ways to view home media. There are many devices which can stream home media sources. Streamers and game consoles and such are good devices and are readily available. I for one don't use DISH as I use a streamer device and use a specific file format for it. I would have to change file formats to use with DISH. I don't need DISH to stream from at this time. Until my streamer dies, I'm good. I have two other game consoles for back up if I need to stream as well.

longtimecust1995
Camera Crew
Regarding being patient, waiting for fixes I agree, but I've seen posts which originated from January 2017 related to the same DVR timer problems that I have now (recording skipped, etc) so if 3 months isn't long enough to wait, how much longer should it take?