Home Media DLNA Issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Media DLNA Issues

VVet69
Extra
I have a Hopper w/Sling. Prior to the upgrade to the new UI, the Home Media player for music worked fine.

Now, regardless of which DLNA Server I use (Twonkyvision 8.2.1, QNAP 4.3.3 DLNA, Serviio 1.7.1 on a QNAP TS-231 NAS) the following issues occur:
- Song starts, then jumps ahead several seconds
- Elapsed time bar does not sync with the play duration
- Elapsed time bar does not reset if the >> button is selected to select the next song
- Will not auto-play the next song in the playlist at all. (I have confirmed that auto-play is enabled)

Same symptoms if trying this through the Joey...

I haver other DLNA clients (2 Samsung, one Onkyo, and VLCMedia app on iPad/iPhone over wireless) and all of them work correctly with any of the DLNA servers above. I have wired Cat6 Ethernet between the Hopper and the QNAP NAS, all network switches are 100/1G rated.

Anyone else having these kinds of issues?
4 Replies

Re: Home Media DLNA Issues

stile99
Cinematographer
VVet69 wrote:
Anyone else having these kinds of issues?

Multiple threads about it would suggest yes.

jimgreen1972
Camera Crew
this has been an issue since I first upgrading in early February.

supposedly its being looked at, but don't hold your breath, Ive sent in PM's and videos etc showing the issue.. only response I have received is that 'the engineers can not duplicate my issue'

VVet69
Extra
Problem still exists as of 1 Dec 2017. I will be happy to work with Dish engineers to show them what is happening.

jimgreen1972
Camera Crew
ive been trying to work with someone from DISH for over a year to help fix the home media bugs that exist.. but to no alas.. In my opinion, the Home media shouldn't even be an option from the Home menu, as it completely flawed.

Streaming music has been around for years, and worked just fine on the old hopper slings.. The video used to stream fine, then hit those awful bugs in the summer, now sometimes it works, sometimes it skips.

I've just come to realize to just use PLEX and stream through the chromecast/firestick for my home media needs..