Hdcp errors

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hdcp errors

Stewie
Extra
I just got the hopper 3. I am having an issue where the hopper will not recognize my tv hdcp code, over night. I get error code 890 every morning and have to restart the hopper to make it work properly. And that is why I think it is a programming issue and not a hardware issue. I have a Sony 930d and a dish hdmi cable. Any thought or insight on how to resolve the problem would be great.
3 Replies

Re: Hdcp errors

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Swap out HDMI cable to be sure.
Check HDMI setting in Hopper to see if any thing there changes behavior.

What SW version are you on?

olds4422
Audio Engineer
Ever since the 1-27 update channels that worked find for since I had the hopper 3 which connected to a 4k TV FS1 FS2 ESPN, all give me HDCP errors complianing about bandwidth and show no picture before the update the channels worked fine. and Highspeed hdmi cable is being used. None of those channels are a actual 4k feed either there not even true 1080p feed. so there very lil chance it bandwidth issue.

Those same channels on the 4k joey work fine though the issue it only happen on the hopper 3 it self, before they update everything is was fine.

in my case the issue is not the 4k tv or the cable it what ever dishes recent update has caused.

Not first time I had this issue years back I had HDCP error anytime I went to hbo channels. which was resolved when had the original 612 dvr box replaced few times. probably do to the box have them same software update on it. till i got one that was newer and fixed the issue.

U341 current software, before that update those channels give me those error were fine.

Stewie
Extra
SW U341. Just woke up and tried it. It showed error 890 until I restarted the hopper. One thing I noticed was my hopper was on while the tv was off. Would this cause a handshake issue?