Having problems with audio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having problems with audio

sea43
Character Actor
Sometimes when I watch a tv show or movie through video on demand on my Joey in my bedroom there isn't any sound. It will have audio for like one minute and then the sound stops. I have tried the same shows on different days to see if it fixed itself and it did not, I tried resetting the Joey and that didn't work, and I also unplugged everything from the wall for 5 minutes and still no sound. I tried the same shows on the Hopper in the living room and the sound worked just fine. Any ideas on how to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
3 Replies

Re: Having problems with audio

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
What software version is loaded on the Joey and Hopper system?

How is the Joey connected to the TV? HDMI?
Ensure jacks are fully inserted in to the port jacks on the back of the TV and Joey.
Try swapping out HDMI cables for something new or known cable that works as a test.
Has a factory reset been performed to see if this clears the issue?
Try the Joey with a different TV to see if problem follows or not.
Check audio out put settings of Joey and TV and make sure they support what TV supports.
Try connecting a optical audio cable from Joey to TV if TV has optical IN jack for the input that your using on the TV.

Benitagia
Extra
I have the same issue and more! I'm really regretting "upgrading" to the Hopper....too many issues with it.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
What software version is loaded on the Joey and Hopper system?

How is the Joey connected to the TV? HDMI?
Ensure jacks are fully inserted in to the port jacks on the back of the TV and Joey.
Try swapping out HDMI cables for something new or known cable that works as a test.
Has a factory reset been performed to see if this clears the issue?
Try the Joey with a different TV to see if problem follows or not.
Check audio out put settings of Joey and TV and make sure they support what TV supports.
Try connecting a optical audio cable from Joey to TV if TV has optical IN jack for the input that your using on the TV.

Benitagia wrote:
I have the same issue and more! I'm really regretting "upgrading" to the Hopper....too many issues with it.