Has Dish fixed their Netflix Problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Dish fixed their Netflix Problem

LF
Character Actor

Can anyone tell me if Dish has fixed their problem with Netflix not working with the Hoppers and Joey?  A sales rep just told me they had, but I'm very skeptical.

Thanks in advance!

21 Replies

Re: Has Dish fixed their Netflix Problem

logdog
Visual Engineer

NO... I have their latest software update on my Hopper 3 and still rebooting multiple times to get Netflix to work.

LF
Character Actor

Thank you!  As I suspected.  

LF
Character Actor

DISH, why are your salespeople telling customers it's fixed????

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Mine is working. Hopper’s and Joeys.

MikeSF
Audio Engineer

My DISH installation is only a week old but Netflix has worked flawlessly on both the Hopper3 and the Joey.

GRB1959
Audio Engineer

I am not sure if this is the same issue that you are speaking about.  See the URL below which I started back in May of 2018.

https://communities.dish.com/t5/At-Home/Netflix-App-Video-Issue/m-p/12164#M7752

My issue with Netflix not displaying video on my Hopper 3 without resetting Netflix to defaults has been fixed as of a couple of months ago.

Gord

logdog
Visual Engineer

My issue is when I try to launch the Netflix app, my screen freezes on the Netflix splash screen and I can hear sound from the last program. All remote buttons are unresponsive and I have to unplug/reboot the Hopper which means 5 minute gaps in whatever I am recording at the time. Sometimes I have to do this up to three times before Netflix either starts working or I give up. I can't watch Netfilx when I want to because I don't want to disrupt other recordings. I've had this issue for about a year now and some people have reported this issue is two years old. I'm really tired of Dish telling me how much they understand my frustrations and their engineering team is hard at work trying to fix it. That line works for a few months but not for two years. And yes, it still happened last night and the night before and the night before that.

logdog
Visual Engineer

By the way, this only happens on the Hopper 3. Netflix seems to work on the Joey but I don't watch Netflix in that room.

DISH Employee

Have you tried resetting Netflix to its factory defaults by going to menu>settings>diagnostics>tools? After the reset try rebooting the Hopper and then logging back into your account and see if there is any change.