Has Dish fixed their Netflix Problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Has Dish fixed their Netflix Problem

logdog
Visual Engineer

Yes, I have tried that several times over the past year and will try again tonight. You guys also talked me into a partial H3 reset two months ago. That worked for about a week but it was very painful to recreate all the settings that were lost.

DISH Employee

Are you getting an error message or is it just freezing on the black screen?

logdog
Visual Engineer
No error message... Just freezes on the Netflix splash screen and sound from the previous show.

logdog
Visual Engineer
I just reset Netflix to factory defaults and rebooted the Hopper. Then I tried launching Netflix again and it froze on the splash screen with dialogue from the last show. So no change and I didn't have to log back into my Netflix account.

DISH Employee

When it freezes if you press and hold the Back button on the Dish remote does it exit to your Hopper?

Highlighted

logdog
Visual Engineer

Holding down the Back button does nothing. I still have to physically pull the plug and let the Hopper reboot. Also, when I rebooted a second time the other night, I did have to log back into my Netflix account. Last night Netflix worked right for the first time in weeks. This morning it froze again.

DISH Employee

Logdog, our Technical Operations team is already aware of the issue and is currently working on a resolution. These issues often require multiple account examples to isolate the problem, so reporting the issue helps. The timeliness of the resolution depends on what the issue is and the resolution needed. This is why we cannot guarantee a time by which this issue will be resolved. 

logdog
Visual Engineer

LF's original question was why are Dish salespeople telling potential customers that this issue has been fixed when clearly it has been unresolved for several years now?

DISH Employee

I cannot say for certain why a sales representative would provide this information, and I do appreciate LF for bringing it to our attention. I have submitted this feedback to our Executive Team so that we can prevent this from happening again in the future. 

Our Engineering Team and Tech Ops will continue to work together to find the correct resolution to the issue.