cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! New Hopper 3 will NOT recognize any external HD

LtoTry
Extra
Hi,
Just upgraded (on Dish's strong suggestion and promise that I could transfer my saved recordings from my Hopper with Sling over to it easily. Well, I've copied everything over to two different EHD and Hopper 3 will not even recognize either of them when I plug them in. I've also tried to transfer them over from the old Hopper with Sling to the Hopper 3, but then Hopper 3 says it can not find another Hopper.

Anyone know how to fix these issues?? I need to send the old receiver back to DISH really soon, so am rapidly running out of time. I contacted Dish Tech support online a few days ago and all the gal would keep telling me was that "you can't connect an EHD to Hopper 3" period. BUT that was NOT what I was told when agreeing to the upgrade nor by the technician who did the install.

Please help.
5 Replies

Re: HELP! New Hopper 3 will NOT recognize any external HD

DISH Employee
Hello LtoTry.
Don't panic, we're here to help. It's usually a simple fix. You might need a "hit", a signal sent to your receiver. Please private message me, I'll take care of that.

LtoTry
Extra
Mark, tried to send you a PM but it seems to be just sitting in the outbox. I'm new to this forum so not sure if there's some trick to sending a PM to you.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
LtoTry wrote:
Mark, tried to send you a PM but it seems to be just sitting in the outbox. I'm new to this forum so not sure if there's some trick to sending a PM to you.

It will sit in the outbox until read.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
His signature shows him not working again till Wednesday. Might be quicker to contact another rep tomorrow.

DISH Employee
I am happy to help with this and there is something I want to try on my end. Will you make sure the EHD is connected and then PM me with the phone number on the account. I am going to send a push from here in our DISH offices and with you having the EHD connected, the pass-key should allow for the system to recognize the EHD. With you having the Hopper 3 it can take up to 72 hours to fully push through.