HDMI issues especially with Netflix

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI issues especially with Netflix

crimsondave
Extra
My Hopper is having issues dropping out on the HDMI when trying to use netflix. I have tried multiple HDMI cables and have no issues when watching regular Dish TV or using my DVD player.
5 Replies

Re: HDMI issues especially with Netflix

DISH Employee
There are some things I want to check for you to see if we can get this resolved ASAP. What is the Software Version of the Hopper system you're using? Did you try to reset the Netflix App and try it again?

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Is the Hopper connected to the internet?
Whats your ISP speed up and down?

crimsondave wrote:
My Hopper is having issues dropping out on the HDMI when trying to use netflix. I have tried multiple HDMI cables and have no issues when watching regular Dish TV or using my DVD player.

tommyy2
Visual Engineer
Are you watching 4K UHD videos - I believe for 4k the copy protection over HDMI is HDCP 2.2, which is higher (more stringent) than what is present for 1080. So you can send HDMI data over a connection at 1080 but that same connection will not pass any 4K data, so your screen is blank.

Are you wired straight or through a receiver switch. Try running straight to the TV using one 6ft cable, if it is still NG, try to verify your HDMI cable supports HDCP 2.2. Remember a cable that supports 1080 may not work at all at 4K, How long are your cables, over 6 feet may require a better cable.

also some of the worst problems are those that sometimes work, sometimes don't work. If totally bad it's dead if totally good , great, but when it's ""almost good"" it's the worst.

hope these ideas help you figure out what is happening and fix it
let us know

tommyy2
Visual Engineer
e38BimmerFN wrote:
Is the Hopper connected to the internet?
Whats your ISP speed up and down?

crimsondave wrote:

wouldn't that produce an error on screen if the internet was bad

VanessaK
Camera Crew
You can try to use the non-4k port on a/v receiver for the HDCP pop up.

This is also a known issue with Netflix buffering. We can submit feedback on your behalf if you would like to send a private message with your phone number and four digit security code.