cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI-CEC broken

Emhiser
Character Actor

Hello all:

I have a Hopper 3, a single Joey, two different Samsung TVs, and remote controls model 52.  Up to a couple of months ago, whenever I would power on the satellite receiver - the TV would turn on automatically.  For some strange reason - it stopped working a couple of months ago on both the Hopper and the Joey.  I verified that HDMI-CEC is set to 'ON' on the Hopper, Joey, and both TVs.  I tried to cycle HDMI-CEC on and off and that didn't help. 

Spoke to Dish support - they tried to be helpful but didn't offer anything that worked.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: HDMI-CEC broken

Emhiser
Character Actor

Finally figured out what was going on.  The Dish receiver and TV were set correctly.  However, a DVD player that was plugged into a different HDMI input on the TV was preventing HDMI-CEC to work properly.  After I unplugged the DVR HDMI cable, the auto power on started working again.

Conclusion: sometimes a different HDMI input can interfere with HDMI-CEC.

Thanks for the suggestion, this issue is now resolved.

3 Replies

DISH Employee

Hi, Emhiser! I'm sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Let's work on getting this resolved. Have you tried changing out your HDMI cables to see if this would resolve the issue?

Chadt4141
Casting Director
Check your tv settings and make sure they are on/off. Different tv manufacturers call it by other names. Your TV may have experienced an update.

Emhiser
Character Actor

Finally figured out what was going on.  The Dish receiver and TV were set correctly.  However, a DVD player that was plugged into a different HDMI input on the TV was preventing HDMI-CEC to work properly.  After I unplugged the DVR HDMI cable, the auto power on started working again.

Conclusion: sometimes a different HDMI input can interfere with HDMI-CEC.

Thanks for the suggestion, this issue is now resolved.