HDCP issues with VoD and recorded content

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDCP issues with VoD and recorded content

BillK
Audio Engineer
I have a Joey 4K and it's currently connected to an older display that only supports HDCP 1.1.

I can watch anything live, but any attempt to watch anything On Demand results in a screen telling me HDCP is not supported on my display - which is obviously [b:b1eap5kj]not[/b:b1eap5kj] true since I can watch HBO and other channels that require it.

Apparently the Joey 4K likely requires HDCP 2.2 as that is the version required for 4K content, but the message should be more descriptive and tell you [i:b1eap5kj]which[/i:b1eap5kj] version of HDCP it needs.

Worse, I cannot view content from the EHD connected to my Hopper3; I get the same HDCP error message.
10 Replies

Re: HDCP issues with VoD and recorded content

DISH Employee
One thing I wanted to check with you is when you pull the HDMI cable and put it back in, do you still get the message? Are you trying to access Netflix?

BillK
Audio Engineer
Mike H. wrote:
One thing I wanted to check with you is when you pull the HDMI cable and put it back in, do you still get the message? Are you trying to access Netflix?

Yes, I get the same message (890.)

Not Netflix, I am trying to watch the PixL movie [i:2hxejeek]Friend Request[/i:2hxejeek] as VoD but have seen the same message trying to watch anything from HBO as VoD.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Have you tried to power cycle your TV?

BillK
Audio Engineer
Chris S. wrote:
Have you tried to power cycle your TV?

Yes, several times, always an 890.

Going back and watching HBO or any other channel "live" that requires HDCP works properly.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Besides resetting your TV, have you tried resetting the receiver?

BillK
Audio Engineer
Chris S. wrote:
Besides resetting your TV, have you tried resetting the receiver?

Yes, several times; the behavior has been consistent since it was installed.

Power cycling and resetting the TV, receiver and even a different cable.

Thanks for the ideas, though.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Do you have anything else besides an HDMI connected from the receiver to the TV? Any other in line components?

What is the model of your TV?

BillK
Audio Engineer
Chris S. wrote:
Do you have anything else besides an HDMI connected from the receiver to the TV? Any other in line components?

What is the model of your TV?

No, it's a straight cable run.

It's a Panasonic TH-50PHD6UY Monitor with the TY-42TM6D DVI-D/HDCP Digital RGB Terminal Board installed and an HDMI to DVI-D cable running from the Joey 4K to the display.

According to what I have been able to find online, the board supports HDCP 1.1; it works with all channels requiring HDCP live as well as the HDMI output of Blu-ray players.

[url:3ga2q33q]ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/panasonic/drivers/PBTS/brochures/B_TH-ProPlasmaSupportFAQ.pdf[/url:3ga2q33q]

Community Manager
Community Manager
Thank you.

Since the 4K Joey has to have HDCP 2.2 for 4K content, it's likely the age of this monitor and the HDMI to DVI conversion that is causing this issue.

I will forward your feedback to our engineers.