HD signal loss

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HD signal loss

dsmc0155
Character Actor
Hi, the last few days my hopper has been losing the HD signal with clear sky's. It will go to the SD channel.
Everything shows green, Good, on the system status page.
When I do a check switch test it checks good with all green checks.
On signal strength I am getting 70 on 110, 73 on 119 and 41 on 129. All of these were checked on transponder 19. The 129 satellite does drift from 15 to 50?
I replace my lnb and solo node switch a few months ago after having a complete signal loss.
Does this sound like the lnb is going bad or a receiver problem?
I have also done the reset several times.
Thanks
David
10 Replies

Re: HD signal loss

DISH Employee
Can you tell me what channels this is happening on the most?

dsmc0155
Character Actor
It's on all my locals out of Birmingham and upper 300's and 400's sports channels. Also just tried 120, the history channel and 214, the weather channel and they go too!
David

DISH Employee
We would want to make sure that all connections are hand tight. Have you reset the receiver by unplugging the power cord from the electrical outlet for 10 seconds?

dsmc0155
Character Actor
The connections are hand tight and I have reset by unplugging, it did not help!
David

DISH Employee
Sorry to hear but am happy to help you. Are you experiencing inclement weather in your area? When having inclement weather, it can cause an obstruction to the DISH and interfere with the download of programming. Please wait out the weather. If this still persists, please contact us.

If your weather is clear, what is the 3 digit error code in the upper right hand corner of your TV screen? Also, what is the 6 digit signal code if shown? What is the model of your receiver?

dsmc0155
Character Actor
There are no error codes....it just says the hd signal was lost and will be tuning to the sd version.
It is a hopper with sling receiver.

DISH Employee
Have you changed the wiring configuration, moved receiver to brand new location that has never had a DISH receiver before or moved dish antenna? Are there any obstructions to the DISH, such as debris from previous storms, foliage or trees blooming ?

Verify all wiring is securely connected into ports. Check your signal strength. With your DISH remote, press [SAT] > [MENU] > Settings > Diagnostics > System Status. Allow the status in box "a" to reach 100%, unless a satellite already shows green. Let me know what is the box "G".

dsmc0155
Character Actor
A: Good
G: 119, 110 and 129 all green

Community Manager
Community Manager
Great! Monitor your HD channels. If the issue continues, PM either of us so we can set up a tech visit.