HD on TV2 from VIP622

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HD on TV2 from VIP622

jager
Extra
I'm trying to figure out how to get the HD signal to my TV2. I have the VIP622 receiver.

When I got Dish service many years ago, I had a HD tv in my living room (TV1) and a standard def tv in my bedroom (TV2).

I just now replaced my bedroom tv with a new HD one. As far as the Dish connection, I simply unscrewed the coax cable going into my old tv and screwed it into the new one. I'm now going through the setup menu on the receiver (going through TV1) trying to figure out how to send the HD signal to the TV2.

I went to 'HDTV setup' menu and found that it was already set to 1080i and the aspect ratio to 16:9. But that appears to be values for the entire setup? However, it's definitely not HD coming out in the bedroom.

Are there some other settings in the receiver I need to find and switch? As I mentioned, the old tv in the bedroom wasn't HD so the tech who set up the system may have programmed the receiver as such?

Thanks for any help.
Tags (3)
2 Replies

Re: HD on TV2 from VIP622

hddn
Visual Engineer
Sorry but there is no such feature on a 622. TV2 is SD.

Re: HD on TV2 from VIP622

Chadt41411
Casting Director
You would need another receiver, or just upgrade to a Hopper system, which will give you significantly more usuage.