H3 Stuck on 334?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H3 Stuck on 334?

xfoneguy50
Audio Engineer
I've noticed that 341 is out (which I may not want from what I am reading.)

But I'm still on 334 (since 12/26 of last year)...... Everything is as it should be to receive updates (Hopper in standby, no active recordings, etc). I've even tried to "force" the update using that option in Diagnostics/Tools with no success.

Am I missing anything? Thanks :)
10 Replies

Re: H3 Stuck on 334?

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
When did you select the manual update. I did this as well and the update does not happen immediately. I had to wait over night with every thing OFF before it finally updated at 4am one morning. I came back the next afternoon after work and it updated. It's best to leave it over night from 12am to 6am as it seems this is the time frame when updates happen.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
It is coming in batches. Do not fear it not updating yet. Make sure your H3 is in standby by 11Pm until atleast 3AM if you want the best opportunity for an update.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
I recommend leaving the Hopper alone unit 4am at least. I saw one update that didn't complete till 4am. :?

Chadt4141 wrote:
It is coming in batches. Do not fear it not updating yet. Make sure your H3 is in standby by 11Pm until atleast 3AM if you want the best opportunity for an update.

xfoneguy50
Audio Engineer
e38BimmerFN wrote:
When did you select the manual update. I did this as well and the update does not happen immediately. I had to wait over night with every thing OFF before it finally updated at 4am one morning. I came back the next afternoon after work and it updated. It's best to leave it over night from 12am to 6am as it seems this is the time frame when updates happen.

ok, very good point - i was no where near that patient. I selected it, and it did a reboot almost immediately then turned itself off. I just assumed that after 10 minutes or so, it wasn't going to work.

I will set it up tonite before I go to bed and see what happens.

Thanks!

xfoneguy50
Audio Engineer
Thanks everyone - I guess I'm so accustomed to everything happening right at 1AM, I was convinced something was broke.

Normally I'm watching TV through the 1AM hour but I'll do something different for a while and see what happens with everything setup properly for an update to occur.

xfoneguy50
Audio Engineer
Thanks everyone - I guess I'm so accustomed to everything happening right at 1AM, I was convinced something was broke.

Normally I'm watching TV through the 1AM hour but I'll do something different for a while and see what happens with everything setup properly for an update to occur.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Ya any activity during that time frame, the Hopper will not update.

Just FYI, after you get on U341, the manual update button is not longer available to users. I guess they removed it. :?

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Seems to have been active for the last update, remains to be seen if it will show up again - that's a first in my years with Dish. 341 is the latest I have.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Wonder if they removed it due to my last experience with it. ;)