H2 w/Sling failing?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H2 w/Sling failing?

pjw1967
Camera Crew
Have had the equipment for 3.5 years. Picture occasionally goes out but audio continues. Audio leveling doesn't work well at all. I've been a customer since the late '90's and have had no real issues with new equipment right out of the box so to speak, but this forum is full of H3 horror stories. I have the silver Dish protection plan. I believe I am no longer under contract, not that I am intending to bail. If you were in my shoes, what would you do? Get a Hopper 3 which I think requires a new 2 yr contract? Get a replacement H2 w/sling which will likely be a rebuilt unit? I don't really need all the tuner features of an H3. Any other options I should consider? Thanks for your input....
4 Replies

Re: H2 w/Sling failing?

pjw1967
Camera Crew
Also I have an OTA module with the H2. Will it work with an H3?

DISH Employee
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are having this issue. The best thing to do would be to troubleshoot the issue you are currently having with your Hopper to see if the unit needs replaced or if you need a technician to come out.

Yes, the Hopper 3 requires a 24 month commitment with a card on file. The OTA you currently have should work just fine with the Hopper 3.

pjw1967
Camera Crew
Thanks, Samantha. I am slowly migrating shows on the H2 dvr to an EHD. Once that's over I will call in for troubleshooting.

UPDATE - Re: H2 w/Sling failing?

pjw1967
Camera Crew
Changed out the HDMI cable for a new Monster cable. Cut out issues have stopped for now. It got really bizarre on Netflix. At one point I had no sound or picture, but the Netflix closed captions were working. So I could follow the dialogue. Shutting off the Hopper and turning back on would bring me to the last viewed tv channel. Let's hope the cable issue was the root of it all.