Guide and Timer issues with Formula 1 events

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guide and Timer issues with Formula 1 events

ZZV43701
Camera Crew
Well the new, useless guide strikes again.

Formula 1 is usually at least 3 separate programs, 1 - Practice, 2- Qualifying, and 3- The Race.

In its infinite wisdom, the Guide, even though they all flag as new, see 2 and 3 as previously recorded.   One must go in and overwrite the error.  Sometimes, it wipes it and requires it to be done again.

Either fix the stupid crap or I'm gone.  If you need to babysit everything to see that it will record, what good is it?

Just like this forum that has everyone has abandoned - Dish, the Guide, nd this Forum - useless.
7 Replies

Re: Guide and Timer issues with Formula 1 events

AVPro
Extra

I too am a Formula 1 fan and a racing fan in general.  Formula 1 is actually one of the only auto racing events the Hopper can record correctly.  If you choose to record the series, it will record practice, qualifying and the race.  In fact, it even picked on the extra 2 practice sessions automatically that ESPN has begun to broadcast.  I have the Hopper 3.  Hopefully that work for you too.

The picture is not so bright for races categorized as Auto Racing.  There is no way to record that seriese that I have found so I need to manually search through the guide every week and select what I want to record.  Just like the old VCR days.  DISH, please add the ability to manually record by keywords so we can stop this madness.

braggr1
Character Actor

I had it set up to record all events and worked fine for the first four races then they switched to ABC for the Canadian Grand Prix and it didn’t record the qualifying session or the race but did the practice. PITA. Racing also needs to be listed under sports and NOT under shows!

Nhcarter
Extra

I got screwed on the Canadian Formula 1 coverage today. Dish guide said 7pm on ESPN.  I set timer, timer was shown as F1 race coverage.  7pm turned it on, it was baseball.  Found later that the race was broadcast about 7 hours earlier on ABC.  Missed the entire event.  Guide search never showed the event as being on ABC.  Jerks.

DISH Employee

I am very sorry for this error. it was broadcast on ABC, we are aware that our guide showed the broadcast on ESPN, and we apologize for this error. There is a re-broadcast that will air tonight on ESPN 2 AT 12:30 Pacific Standard time.

braggr1
Character Actor

How do I set up to record future races in (seek) mode? When I try to do this I don’t get that option, I just get DVR, Autotune. 

Nhcarter
Extra

Thanks but having seen the race results posted online there wouldn't be much enjoyment in watching the rerun.  Nothing personal but Dish really needs to get their act together on the guide and timer situation.  Too many foulups these days.  i'm thinking this is the last one for me. There are other choices.

dishtvisthewort
Camera Crew

Same for me. I'm sick and tired of this DVR which does not work at all. I have tried over and over to get it to record F1 qualifying and the race. It can't do either. I double tripple check and nothing. Last two qualifying sessions ended after Q2 qnd I don't see race for pole. Missed several races this season. In fact I have missed more F1 this year then in the 15 years I had DirectV. Never missed anytthing. I don't want to even talk about Moto GP raceing. It misses everything. In fact you can't even search for Moto GP. The Guide is half the problem. Increadably inaccurate. I called to cancel and they told me there was a 350.00 dollar early termination fee. Total lie. I tried Dish because no "early termination fee". Ya right. I did not sign any paperwork so they have nothing on me. Problem is they will report it uncollected and ruin my credit score. (over 800) I will pay the fee then sue them in small claims court. In fact any live sporting event is 50/50.

I don't watch anything live and record 4 other shows. It can't do that either. A friend in the industry told me they send out some sort of reset signal every night. Anyone know what it's about?

Record up to six programs. What a lie.