cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gray Bar Guide Issue

dwansmith
Extra

Issue 1: 'Empty gray bar' issue:
Only occurs when Guide 'Channel Order' is set to 'Increasing from Top to Bottom' using a custom
favorites list that includes a 'group' with a few subchannels (1, 2 and 3 exhibited the issue).
A) When a 'group' with subchannels (xxx-yy) is expanded (+), an empty gray bar is seen on the next
page (page down) which is the height of 3 normal channel rows. To remove bar, page down
again, then back up.
B) When a 'group' with subchannels (xxx-yy) is contracted (-), an empty gray bar will appear
just below the 'group'. This sometimes corrects itself in about 5-10 seconds.

Proven: To reproduce, you need to create a favorites list with 1, 2 or 3 sub-channels
I created a new favorites list named "RSNET t1" and added 15 channels including:
Single channels: 3,6,10,13,31,40,58,71,82 (to create multiple page guide display)
Group of 3: 99-01, 99-04, 99-05
Group of 2: 412-01, 412-09
Group of 1: 476-01

Results: All three exhibit the 'gray bar' issue.
The Group of 3 correctly shows 3
The Group of 2 correctly shows 2
The Group of 1 shows 0!

Issue 2: Adding another subchannel to an existing group
I added a third subchannel to my 'Don' favorites list: 412-29
Now when I choose the Don list, it shows the list expanded (previously was contracted)
When I contract (-) the group, I can no longer expand it. I have to exit the guide and open it again
to see the (now expanded) group.

3 Replies

Re: Gray Bar Guide Issue

DISH Employee

Hey there, I'd like to get this feedback information to our Tech Ops team, as soon as I can for you. Are you able to Private Message me with your account/phone number and 4 digit security code, so I can report a new case? I will be sure to provide you with the case ID number for future reference, as well.

dwansmith
Extra

Kevin

Not sure how to PM you through this site...   Can you email me using my address posted in my profile?

Don

DISH Employee

Hello dwansmith, we aren't able to send outbound emails. To send a PM, make sure you are signed into the Communities page. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox. Click Compose New Message. Enter the recipient's name (KevinJ) in the Send to area. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area. Type the reply in the Message Body editor. Then click Send Message.