cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Google Assistant

purplewg
Camera Crew

I find it interesting you have to say "stop sharing data" instead of "stop Google". Tells me Google is stealing my information and selling it and probably paying DISH for that. So folks, remember watch what you say with DISH becuase Google is probably listening in on you.

11 Replies

Re: Google Assistant

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
You can’t stop Google, as they are powering the voice search. The Stop sharing Data is to stop sharing data with Google, but i believe that also stops the voice search as well.

cnjnolen
Extra
Spoiler

I, for one, highly resent the change forcing us to use Google Assistant to search for shows by voice.  If I wanted Google to know what I'm watching, I'd bloody well tell them.  There is NO reason for Google to have that info.  

DISH, if you're listening, get rid of the Google Assistant B.S.  Seriously, don't you already get enough money?  It sure feels like it from my pocketbook!

peggyrh
Casting Director

For those complaining, if you think turning it off makes you "safer" you're being naive, your info is already out there whether you use Windows, Apple, Google, etc. - try doing a search of your name. 

DISH Employee

Hi everyone! Some smart devices are constantly recording, but not your DISH Voice remote. Only after you accept the terms and conditions will the voice feature be active, and it will only be listening when you press the microphone button. Once the button is released, it is no longer listening. The speech recognition on your Dish Voice Remote with the Google Assistant will never be activated without you holding the voice button on your remote. Here at DISH, we are always looking for ways to stay Tuned In To You, and we certainly value your feedback! 

shore
Audio Engineer

How  many times are you going to tell people they dont' have any right to try to maintain their own privacy with your fatalistic attitude?

shore
Audio Engineer

That sounds like it could be true but what is your answer to all of us having to agree to receiving spam not only from Google but other companies that they share our information with?  It is right on that "allow" information.

kirkelli
Costume Designer

Google Assistant is an evasion of your privacy..Don't let Dish tell you otherwise, as they will try!    Google Assistant collects data; i.e. channels you watch, your location, length of time you spend watching programing etc and any browswing or shopping you do via your internet connecton to Hopper.   Users will be targeted with garpage adds and Google will use yoiur data info to their best interest..   I am very upset that dish took a search funtion away that was part of my service which i was paying for, and they have no plans to reimburse my monthhly for this loss..  As soon as my contract expries with Dish, I will be shoping  for another TV source provider..    Many local TV companies are now overing their version of Voice Search without evasion of privacy isues..   Dish is making lots of $$ with this change via their partnership with Google, as Google pays highly for the data they are extracting from most 'unware' Dish Viewers..   All i have to say,,  be carefull Dish Viewsers.. I would not activafte this search function... The minute you accept the Google Terms of servcice, you bit onto their hook..    Just Don't do it!  And voice your concern to Dish... Remimber, DO NO LET DISH TELL YOU YOUR DATA IS PRIVATE..  Read Google Terms of servie and you will learn otherwise  

GPH1134
Audio Engineer

Any updates of when Dish Network Corporation (DNC) will allow us to use the voice remote without Google Assistant?  Ever since DNC took this service away from us, we have not been compensated or given any real reason why they went from an operational good voice-activated remote, to a defective YouTube remote.

Supposedly our concerns have been upwardly reported to management, but we only get Jason replies.  Hey Jason, how about posting something here from corporate (DNC).  Millions of us yell F-Google.  DNC knew this.  DNC forced this on us without notification.  DNC knows that GOOG takes our privacy with $$$ return.

F-GA!  F-GOOGLE!

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
GA is not going anywhere, and what kind of compensation are you looking for? Want 50% off what you pay for that feature? That would be $0.