Going on 3 weeks with terrible service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going on 3 weeks with terrible service

BCO606
Extra
Going on almost a month now with terrible service. Have chatted with online support five times, and all I am continually told is that is a new interface issue and that they are aware of the problem. I have had to reset my Hopper anywhere between 7 and 15 times every day. The TV will work just fine for a while then go to a black screen until I reset the hopper. When the screen goes black the menu and Guide will come up but the Guide will not respond. So I have to reset the hopper. Sometimes it takes awhile for it to go black again, like 30 minutes or so, and sometimes I'm having to reset the hopper six or seven times in 20 minutes. It's ridiculous. Paying $160 a month for TV and internet and for the past 3 weeks I wouldn't have paid a dime for this service. All I know is that in two weeks we'll be moving into our new house and if dish doesn't get its act together then we will definitely be switching to DirecTV. Our Dish internet has always been a joke. But the TV has always worked fine until they started pushing this new interface out. We'll see if my bill reflects this 3 weeks Of extremely subpar service, because if dish expects me to pay full price for this, then I'm definitely switching providers.
4 Replies

Re: Going on 3 weeks with terrible service

dickandjo
Extra
The whole new interface forced on us by dish is a major downgrade. We have always been able to search the program guide for movies or shows by genre. They took that and several other search options away. I used it all of the time to search the guide for all science fiction movies that were scheduled on my subscribed channels because I like sci fi movies.. The search would give me 50 to 100 movies and I could set timers on the ones that interested me. We are sick of the slow screen changes after we select almost any menu option. I called dish support. They know about the horrendous speed problems. As for searching for movies I was told that they took all the useful advanced search features away. You have to know the name of the movie and then you can search.?????????? What are they thinking. I speculate that dish wants to make it harder to search for free/subscribed shows and movies so that we record less of what we already pay for in hopes that we will use more pay per view. Wrong. I too will make a switch to direct TV unless it is fixed very soon. Has anyone experienced even one improved feature with the new interface? I have not found anything beneficial to the customer. It is a lot worse. I asked for the old software back but was told no.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
I know it doesn't help, but the interface you just got on your older Hopper really isn't new, it's been in use on Hopper 3 units since 2/16, those features you want probably aren't coming back.

TG2
Character Actor
peggyrh wrote:
I know it doesn't help, but the interface you just got on your older Hopper really isn't new, it's been in use on Hopper 3 units since 2/16, those features you want probably aren't coming back.
Peggy, You've been around long enough .. I'm sure the horror stories of the 929 come to mind.

What makes it so insulting, frustrating, and feeds the anger is that THEY KNEW this before hand and for whatever ungodly reason they still went ahead with it.

I'm sure there's a bean counter somewhere saying the cost justifies the ends. Personally I'm hoping dish gets ripped a new one .. maybe if they did, they wouldn't be so stupid in the future, but it seems that probably isn't to be the case.

wmlg41
Extra
I have been with Dish for almost 20 years and have gone through many upgrades and changes but I have never experienced such a degradation in service as we got this latest upgrade. Every action now take much longer, If the action even completes. Frozen screens, Forced resets of the Hopper, and all the other issues described on this thread. Nothing they gave us with this upgrade improved what we had before, it's all been downhill. When I first noted these issues, I made a mental note to give them a little time to fix the issues, so I decided on three months. Well those three months have passed and if anything, things have gotten worse. My discussions with support have yielded no help, and no hope for things getting better in the near future. After all these years I hate to say it but I have had enough and am actively in the process of deciding on where i go to get dependable service. If they expect people to pay $150 to $200 a month for this frustration, they are wrong. They have had ample time to correct the problems, but I have seen no information coming out that indicated that they are actively recognize and are working the problems. I have always enjoyed Dish service and have recommended them to many friends and co-workers. It' unfortunate that this had to happen. Have a good day and good luck to all.