Glitching on Dish music channels

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glitching on Dish music channels

rwells2265
Character Actor
Have recently noticed in the last week an issue across all the music channels in the 900 range (the "CD" and "AUD" services).   Sporadically, often the early morning hours (1 AM, 2 AM), the audio is riddled with digital glitches, what I'd describe as "dropped bits." This is happening on your own music streams only -- the audio on both regular TV and the SiriusXM music channels are clean.

I've rebooted the Hopper more than once, which did nothing to resolve the matter.   I tried calling tech support the last time this was raging -- about 2 AM EDT -- and the tier one was of no help (language barrier, had no idea what I was talking about).  

Is this an issue others have experienced?   Is it possible that particular frequency range utilized by those channels be receiving interference?   

I'll also mention that I had this Hopper 3 replaced about 10 days ago due to a different issue, however I cannot wrap my mind around a defect in the Hopper affecting only a group of channels -- logically, this would happen on EVERY channel.    I just hope I don't need to have another box shipped (it took 24+ hours to transfer all our DVR recordings!)
Tags (3)
7 Replies

Re: Glitching on Dish music channels

DISH Employee

Hey, rwells2265! We do appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I'd love to ask a few questions, just to be sure we are working toward the best resolution.

Do you have Joey receivers also? If so, does this happen on the Joey's or is it just the Hopper 3?

Was this happening on the Hopper you had previously, or just the new one?

rwells2265
Character Actor

Hi, Jessica--

Yes, we have one regular Joey and a Wireless Joey.    Have not checked those receivers (I've been of the belief that they feed off the main Hopper), but I can tell you that when I pulled up the stream on my iPhone via the Dish Anywhere app, it was also glitching the same way.   If that makes any difference.

Had no instances last night, and thus far this evening it's clean (knock on wood).   I like having the "Moodscapes" channel (928) as background, and I feed the Hopper analog output to a house FM transmitter so I can listen at bedside on a clock radio.

I don't think it happened on the old Hopper, come to think of it.   Again, from what I know about satellite receivers -- most of the time, if a receiver is flaky, it's going to be flaky across all channels.   

Thanks for your quick reply -- if/when this happens again, I'll go to the other two Joeys and check to see if they're affected. 

DISH Employee

Rwells2265, please keep us updated! If you experience this issue again, don't hesitate to reach back out. 

rwells2265
Character Actor
It’s happening right now in spades. And yes, it’s also on the Joey - not to mention when streaming it through my iPhone. As before, this is happening only with the Dish music 900 range, not with regular TV nor SiriusXM.

DISH Employee

Hello, rwells2265. Thank you for providing that information. It sounds like it may be the broadcast itself having this issue since it's happening on every receiver and even on your device. What I can do is report this issue to our Engineering Team, so that they may look into it and see what's causing the issue. I would like to attach your account to this report. Would you mind sending me a Private Message with you phone number and 4-digit PIN please? 

If you're not sure how to do that there is a wonderful guide here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Highlighted

rwells2265
Character Actor

Just sent you a PM w/the info.   Right now - 2:30 a.m. EDT - it's again going strong.   Not very listenable.   This always seems to be happening in the first half of overnight hours.  

It almost has to be something interfering with whichever frequency range those music channels use.  

Question: when I 'tune' to a channel via the Dish Anywhere app (iOS), is it using a tuner slot on the Hopper, or is it delivering a stream from elsewhere?  

DISH Employee

Rwells2265, we did receive the Private Message, thank you! For your questions, if you view live TV using DISH Anywhere app, it does access a tuner on your Hopper.