Frustrated. Again.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated. Again.

junipurrwind
Character Actor

I am so angry. I called Dish & the lady I spoke with told me I could get a Hopper Duo for only $2 more a month. I told her I would think about it & if I called back could I get this at anytime? She replied affirmative. Well, I called Dish today to order the Hopper Duo & the gentleman told me I could NOT get this & was I interested in the Hopper w/Sling? He said it would cost an extra $15/mo AND a technician would have to come out to install???? WTH??? I have had several different receivers over the years & I don't need a tech to come out to hook up a receiver! 

Why am I surprised that I could not get a new receiver for only $2 more a month? I should have known better. I have been a customer for a long time but they don't care about that. Very annoyed.

1 Reply

Re: Frustrated. Again.

DISH Employee

Hi there, junipurrwind! I'd be happy to take a look into upgrade options for you. Any Hopper upgrade would require an installation since it might require different switches or other cabling to accommodate the updated tuners and equipment.

Please send me a PM with your phone number and 4 digit security code. You can find the How To on sending private messages here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039