Freezing up

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing up

MINA87
Extra
My dish in my room, where my Joey is keeps freezing up. I called last night and talked to someone at dish and we went trough and reset everything, checked all the cords and everything was secure. Today it is still freezing up but only in my room not in the living room. Does anyone know what could be the issue?
8 Replies

Re: Freezing up

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Could be a bad coax cable or hub.
Highlighted

DISH Employee

Hello MINA87, I am sorry to hear you are having an issue with the service freezing up at the Joey. We definitely need to see what is going on. I would love to take a look at the equipment to ensure all is well. If you'd like, to get started, can you send me a private message? 

Here are steps for sending a Private Message:

https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

infinitig37
Extra

I'm having the same issues.  Started last week.  Screen will freeze and i have to power off and on to fix.  No other buttons work.  I've checked all my cables and cords and it's only on my joey, not on my main box.  

DISH Employee

Infinitig37, thank you for reaching out about your concerns with your Joey. This issue has been reported to our Engineering Team, and they are currently working on finding a permanent resolution to this issue. The only work around that we have available at this time is to toggle between two channels. I can add your account to the report for our Team so that they are aware that you are experiencing this issue. Can you please send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account so that I can get this reported. You can use this link for more information on how to send a Private Message: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

jsampson25
Extra
Mine has been freezing up during live tv and DVR playback for almost 4 months and now I am very much annoyed. Can someone fix this

DISH Employee

Hey, jsampson25! I hate to hear that this has been going on for a while, but I'm here to help. Can you go ahead and send me a private message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN so that I can access your equipment information? 

Ndiaz
Extra
Mine has been doing it for about 6 months. I have called so many times already. They came replaced the satellite. Send me a replacement box. Upgraded me to the new hopper still have the same issue. And it seems to be on the Joey's only. It happens at night. Im so tired and annoyed by it. Im really thinking of switching providers. This is ridiculous that it keeps happening after so many changes. The last guy assured me that by upgrading I wouldn't have this problem and I still do cant believe it.

DISH Employee

I know that an ongoing technical issue such as this one would be very frustrating. This is definitely an issue that I would like to take a closer look into. May you please provide me with your phone number, and security pin in a private message so that I may access your account?