Free Hopper 3 Scam Alert!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Hopper 3 Scam Alert!

swamphouse1
Extra
Long story, short: Considering switching to DishTV, initiated the process via chat, rep stated that the Hopper 3 would be free if I "qualified" after my credit check. My credit is flawless. 793-800 range. Rep stated after checking my credit that I did not "qualify" for the free Hopper 3. I have never "not qualified" for anything in my life because of my credit score. I asked rep what score was needed. He did not know. His "supervisor" did not know. Ultimately when pressed the rep stated that "nobody knows"! I double checked my credit report. Flawless. Multiple phone calls made. Each one more frustrating than the previous. Supervisor "Allan" was the absolute worst!! Bottom line: Was promised (have chat transcript as proof) a "free" Hopper 3 if I "qualified". Yet absolutely no one could tell me the criteria to be "qualified" How's that for a scam???
Tags (2)
8 Replies

Re: Free Hopper 3 Scam Alert!

Chadt41411
Casting Director
The qualifications are going to be a proprietary trade secret. It is not based on credit score alone. Anyone that talks to customers on the phone will not have the information, as it is confidential. It is not a scam, plenty of people have gotten the H3 for free, and it sounds like the reps were very clear with you that if you qualified.

phaworth
Extra
No one qualifies for the hopper 3. I have a 824 fico and didn't qualify for a free one.

RickObe
Visual Engineer
phaworth wrote:
No one qualifies for the hopper 3. I have a 824 fico and didn't qualify for a free one.

I got my H3 for free with a 2-year contract extension.

phaworth
Extra
I was a new customer so no hopper for free along with the new customer perks. Existing customers might very well get it for free so you don't cancel the service. 2 years is a long renewal period.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
phaworth wrote:
I was a new customer so no hopper for free along with the new customer perks. Existing customers might very well get it for free so you don't cancel the service. 2 years is a long renewal period.

It’s the same period as new customers. There are several customers that get it for free, so that right there should point out that it is not a scam.

phaworth
Extra
You can say it all you want. The company I signed up said no one ever qualifies.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
phaworth wrote:
You can say it all you want. The company I signed up said no one ever qualifies.

So the retailer you signed up through? Not Dish directly?

stile99
Cinematographer
That's really ironic, that's exactly what I said in another thread. That most likely the person was dealing with a reseller.