Fox News Dish Login on Roku

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Fox News Dish Login on Roku

DISH Employee

After further research, we see that this is a known issue that is being investigated by our Tech Ops team. There isn't a concrete ETA on the fix or possible work around at this point. However, we can take your account in the open case for the best and fastest resolution. If you wish, please Private Message us with your account/phone number and 4 digit security code, so we can get that taken care of for you.

Highlighted

jburd
Camera Crew

Maybe one of your more talented system engineers should be doing the 'further research'.  

Thanks, but I'll wait in line like everybody else to see when this issue gets resolved.  As I indicated in an earlier post, your tech ops 'team' has been aware of this issue since AT LEAST last Friday.  Nothing in the computer programming world should take this long to fix.  It suggests to me that no one really cares about the issue, or if they do care, it is a very low priority at Dish Network.  

Surely someone has the programming skills to look at this issue from YOUR perspective and contact Fox News programmers to work together to FIX the problem.  This is what these people get paid to do, and someone is NOT doing his or her job.  Quit standing around with your hands in your pocket and get somebody on the issue.  If you can't do that, then pass it up higher to your supervisor.  

For what it's worth, I can tell you, for example, just by looking, that the URL used on Fox News website to 'Logout Provider' contains a typographical error.  When I click on that link, this is the URL which returns the error: https://communities-auth.dish.com/saml/sp/profile/post/sls  

The correct URL should be: https://communities-auth.dish.com/saml/sp/profile/post/ssl  Notice the last three bytes of the URL should be 'ssl' for Secure Socket Layer, not 'sls' for God knows what.  Then when I fix the URL, it takes me to the Dish Network login page where I am prompted to enter my credentials, but it fails to return me to Fox News and instead returns me to Dish Network's Communities Home Page (https://communities.dish.com).  

This stuff is not rocket science.  Escalate this issue to your top level programmers.  

DISHater
Character Actor

Yes, exponentially yes.  Not having Roku access to Fox News is unacceptable.  But reading their PR crafted over the top BS answers (take your pick as to which one is the most incendiary) is the capper.  I share your disgust.

@jburd wrote:

Maybe one of your more talented system engineers should be doing the 'further research'.  

Thanks, but I'll wait in line like everybody else to see when this issue gets resolved.  As I indicated in an earlier post, your tech ops 'team' has been aware of this issue since AT LEAST last Friday.  Nothing in the computer programming world should take this long to fix.  It suggests to me that no one really cares about the issue, or if they do care, it is a very low priority at Dish Network.  

Surely someone has the programming skills to look at this issue from YOUR perspective and contact Fox News programmers to work together to FIX the problem.  This is what these people get paid to do, and someone is NOT doing his or her job.  Quit standing around with your hands in your pocket and get somebody on the issue.  If you can't do that, then pass it up higher to your supervisor.  

For what it's worth, I can tell you, for example, just by looking, that the URL used on Fox News website to 'Logout Provider' contains a typographical error.  When I click on that link, this is the URL which returns the error: https://communities-auth.dish.com/saml/sp/profile/post/sls  

The correct URL should be: https://communities-auth.dish.com/saml/sp/profile/post/ssl  Notice the last three bytes of the URL should be 'ssl' for Secure Socket Layer, not 'sls' for God knows what.  Then when I fix the URL, it takes me to the Dish Network login page where I am prompted to enter my credentials, but it fails to return me to Fox News and instead returns me to Dish Network's Communities Home Page (https://communities.dish.com).  

This stuff is not rocket science.  Escalate this issue to your top level programmers.  

DISH Employee

Good morning, DISHater. I did some research and it looks like on the website, we are listed as a provider. But when it comes to being able to log in, we do have a known issue that our engineering team is aware of and working to get fixed as soon as possible. We apologize for the incontinence.

jburd
Camera Crew
We apologize for ‘the incontinence’? Sounds like a Freudian slip to me, because that’s about all these replies from Dish Employees sound like. These kinds of replies add absolutely nothing to the conversation. And for many people these kinds of replies only inflame the situation.

DISHater
Character Actor

This might be the most honest reply I've gotten yet from the smarmy PR team who are available anytime at www.MORON.   Indeed DISH should apologize for their "incontinence."  That's the polite way of how I interpret their answers here.   Perhaps spell check trransformed "incompetence" which more aptly sums up the issue.  As described, this "known issue" is a friggin keystroke correction.  No one needs to miss lunch to fix it.   Assuming DISH is a provider for Fox News, that is.

@JasmineD wrote:

Good morning, DISHater. I did some research and it looks like on the website, we are listed as a provider. But when it comes to being able to log in, we do have a known issue that our engineering team is aware of and working to get fixed as soon as possible. We apologize for the incontinence.

CaptainCOBOL
Extra
Good grief! This actually works to watch various Fox related channels live, including Fox News. Why the Fox News app on Roku does not work for Dish network users does not work is beyond me, but, for now, you can watch Fox News live through FoxNow app on Roku

CaptainCOBOL
Extra
LOL... For those that have another TV in the house not connected to a DISH receiver. I use my Roku Ultra in my "man cave" and don't want to pay for another Dish receiver.