Fox News Dish Login on Roku

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Fox News Dish Login on Roku

Jo123
Character Actor
I tried it too. I now see Dish as a choice for provider on the Fox News activate website and it did take the code but there is still a service provider issue meaning that dish still will not allow access to Fox News.
Highlighted

DISH Employee

Good morning, Jo123! We heard you guys and we listened! Fox News Go is now available to login using your Mydish login to stream on your favorite devices! Currently, there is an issue with the authentication on Fox News end that they are working on resolving and it should start working soon! 

jburd
Camera Crew

Hi Jo123  Has anyone at Dish gotten back to you about this issue?  Or have they simply tried to placate you by saying that they are 'working on the problem' and hoping that you will go away?

jburd
Camera Crew

Hi Dishater I'm wondering if anyone from Dish Network has gotten back to you about this issue.  Wasn't it nice though, that JasmineD said she would refer the issue on to her programming 'team' to consider your request?

Jo123
Character Actor
I was told that this is now granting access but that Fox News channel has issues activating on their end. I now see dish on the provider list but that has not changed anything as far as being able to access Fox News Channel live. The message I get on my screen is that there is still a service provider issue.

jburd
Camera Crew

I find it incredibly disappointing that this issue remains problematic in this day and age.  I was a database developer in my last few years prior to retirement, and if we had bugs in our system, we dropped everything and fixed them immediately.  Makes you wonder about the quality of the folks who work on their streaming programming team.  Absolutely NO EXCUSE for this to be going on as long as it has.  Same problem across multiple platforms: my iPhone, my MacBook Pro, and my Roku device.  

DISH Employee

I can certainly understand where you are coming from with nit having access to the Fox News app. Unfortunately our contract  with this channel owner does not allow us to offer streaming services thorough the app. I'd be happy to submit a programming request on your behalf for this feature. We appreciate any feedback and suggestions that will help us to continue to provide the best experience for you. You can leave this feedback and any suggestions you may have here: https://www.mydish.com/spokeslistener 

jburd
Camera Crew

OK, now you folks are truly pissing me off.  One of your 'DISH Employees' PhoenixM says that, "We listened, and this will be coming soon".  Now you are saying your contract doesn't allow us to offer streaming services.  Which is it for God's sake.  I can't believe you folks are so incompetent you don't even know what your colleagues are saying on your own forum.  

GET THIS STRAIGHTENED OUT

DISH Employee

My apologies Jburd. We do support Fox news Go, however there has been reports of customers having login issues. 

jburd
Camera Crew

Unbelievable.  I would like someone who has some actual knowledge about this issue to give those of us who are paying for a service which we are not receiving to comment on who is at fault here.  Is this an issue with Fox News, or is this an issue with Dish Network?  These kinds of issues appear to be very low priority for Dish.  I called tech support over a week ago, and the 'technician' said that there were 25 other people who had called about the issue at that time.  Would you be so kind as to have someone from your 'team' provide some helpful information that might give us some idea as to when this issue will be fixed?  Tomorrow, next week, next month?