First Name NULL Last Name

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Name NULL Last Name

brackie
Extra
Haven't been watching much Dish of late due to several problems I've called about, been given instructions and sometimes poor CS. Some issues resolved on their own, others continue, some are unfixable unless I make choice to update my one Hopper(mine) to be similar guide, folders like my other Hopper (sons) and I hate the new format. When Hopper 3 came out I inquired about upgrade and was told not available in my area.I just called a few days ago concerning another glitch and was told by another CS that that was impossible (me being told unavailable in my area) I chose not to engage in discussion. Now it is available but I give much thought before jumping in to new! Flipped TV on today and when I hit the info button to see what year movie I'm watching (original vs remake) the names have a big NULL after the first name. Here's a for instance, flipped to IFC "The Day The Earth Stood Still", first actor name, Kyle NULL Chandler then Jennifer NULL Connelly. So, I tried another movie Bettlejuice, Patrice NULL Martinez- Adelle NULL Lutz. OK, this movie has listed actors that are not accurate, are they even actors? I tried some series and they are also listed, some accurate some inaccurate, but the NULL is present. What's the deal? Why all the changes? I won't go into the many issues here as I've spoken with CS reps who while somewhat informational when I mentioned my being upset and am looking for alternative company, no profanity, no change in voice they apologize "well were sorry to see you go!". That's it, I've been with Dish since it's birth (in the 1980's) although my current account number does not reflect it. Several years back during a "bundling" period I was bundled with Embark telephone service (now CenturyLink) against my desires, specifically said NO! To become unbundled I required a new account number. Guess CS and the need to retain consumers not a big deal anymore but sure miss the days when Dish was a company I would highly recommend. Now, I wouldn't waste my breath!
2 Replies

Re: First Name NULL Last Name

reowens3
Extra
This change came on top of the move to pump up the movies. Suddenly everything is fantastic and remarkable. I reached my patience limit when "Chappie" was given a three star rating. Someone at Dish Central should realize that mistakes happen but this appears to be purposeful lying. So, I discount the movie descriptions. My wife noticed the NULL issue. So, my Spidey sense tells me, they are getting ready for a big price increase to pay for their "improved programming". Hate being that cynical to carve out locals and then charge $10 / month FOR LOCAL OTA Programming... and you can't get rid of it. AND then say you are doing us a favor by only charging us $5 / month for something that is FREE?
Wow - I am starting to regret making the move from Direct... and that is amazing cause they suck too...

Re: First Name NULL Last Name

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Local channels are not free. Providers still have to pay to rebroadcast them. They are only free when you receive them OTA. The fee is broken out to show how much locals are demanding. You can remove the locals, but you need the Flex Pack to do so.