Favorite list issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite list issues

3500Dodge
Camera Crew
I have issues with a favorite list only displaying the first 7 shows from the list in the program guide after several hours of inactivity. To reset the list I have to go to the all subscribed list and then back to my favorite list to use it.
Any one else having this issue? Dish support has been no help. Many phone calls with different answers from support, new software, new hopper 3. Same problem.
The latest response from dish was we don't know what the problem is. Nobody can tell me what fixes or enhancements are in the latest software. I guess it must be due to a national security issue or something similar.
35 Replies

Re: Favorite list issues

VictorC
Extra
I am experiencing a similar problem. So is MisterL. Each morning when our Hopper 3 is turned on, the channel on the TV is our preselect of 200. However, our favorites (US) is on channel 412 and the selection CAN NOT be moved. To make our favorites active, the all subscribed (none) must be selected and some channel on our favorites list selected. Then the guide must be returned to our favorites. Continues to work until the next morning when the select none, choose a channel, select favorites drill must be repeated.

MisterL experienced almost identical favorites guide failure
by MisterL » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:40 pm
when I select the guide, the guide does not start at the current channel you're watching but a channel in the 400's and to see all of the channels in your current filter, you have to select another view or None, select a channel then you're able to move the guide back to the original filter view.

by MisterL » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:41 pm
This happens every time i view my guide of channels. select Guide, the guide comes, its on channel 412 no matter what channel i'm currently watching. I then have to select Guide again to select None which is the view that shows all channels i'm subscribed to. I have to select a channel from there before i can view only the channels that is in filtered guide i was previously viewing.

DISH Employee
This is a known issue that our engineers were working on. The estimated fix date was 04/13/17. Fixes are rolled out via software updates in groups. It's possible that there was a delay. Can you please send a PM with your phone number and PIN so that I can submit additional feedback?

3500Dodge
Camera Crew
Well, the solution from dish was to replace the receiver and this [b:1t8hmdqw]MIGHT[/b:1t8hmdqw] fix the problem. Replaced the receiver on 04/18/2017 which had the latest software U347 and still the same problem. Called dish back today 04/24 and they are sending another receiver out. I asked if they could check the receiver they were sending out and I was told all receivers are tested before being sent out. I asked if that was the case then why was the receiver sent out not working correctly. The tech stated that they did not check for the issue that I was having. I then asked what they did check and he did not know. I guess they make sure the power light comes on. So. since I am told that this issue does not affect all receivers at some point I should get a good one?? This has not been a good experience with dish to say the least.

3500Dodge
Camera Crew
And the saga continues. Installed replacement receiver number 2. Created new favorites list. Transferred recorded shows from old hopper. Still the same problem. How is it if this issue affects only a small number of hoppers I can't get one that works?
Well Dish????

DISH Employee
For better assistance send me your new receiver ID number in a private message to be able forward your feedback to our engineers under your account information.

3500Dodge
Camera Crew
PM was sent. I don't know why you would think that sending you the info would make any difference. 3 different receivers all with the same issue. All had the current software. Unless you have a magic wand I doubt this issue is going to be resolved. I guess I will continue to document the issue with tech support. [b:ar589jsj]Maybe[/b:ar589jsj] tech support will tire of the phone calls but I doubt it.

stile99
Cinematographer
What do you want tech support to do about it? Maybe, pass the information on to the engineers? Exactly like Jess offered to do?

3500Dodge
Camera Crew
Well stile, I would like for dish to provide accurate information. I have had this problem since I had the hopper3 installed September of last year and tech support has provided me with several different reasons for the issue and several different fixes for the issue which none have worked. The engineers have know about this issue for a long time and I have been told several times that the issue was fixed. Not true. All I hear now is we will report it to engineering while I have am left with a defective system. How many people have to report the problem to engineering before issues get fixed???

DISH Employee
Dish is just finishing a transition to a new data source for programming content, including:Channel and programming information, EPG descriptions, Tile artwork and DVR identifiers (such as timers). Hopefully these changes will be finished soon, and service will not only be back to normal, but better.

We do have a current ETA of a resolution for 05/17.