cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast-forward feedback / bugs

bkarr5
Extra
Hello All,

I am a new customer coming from directv. The new hardware is really nice but it has a few odd things that I have noticed.

1) Fast forward is too fast, this seems to be a common complaint.
2) If I pause for 10 seconds, and press play, often it skips ahead to live, then i have to rewind 30 or more seconds and play it. Often after a few minutes it will skip ahead to live again. This seems to be a commonly known bug for the last couple of years. Really surprised that it hasn't been fixed.
3)Directv had a fallback feature, where you would fast forward, see the show after the commercial, it would fall back like 10 seconds so you didn't miss any of the show. With the hopper I find myself always having to rewind after fast-forwarding. Would really appreciate this feature or the option to turn it on.

The hopper is so close, but the main functionality of the dvr seems to be flawed. Any other experiences with these three things out there?
1 Reply

Re: Fast-forward feedback / bugs

AggieJustin
Costume Designer
bkarr5 wrote:
2) If I pause for 10 seconds, and press play, often it skips ahead to live, then i have to rewind 30 or more seconds and play it. Often after a few minutes it will skip ahead to live again. This seems to be a commonly known bug for the last couple of years. Really surprised that it hasn't been fixed.

I've seen this one happen many times. Can't reliably replicate the exact situation every time, but anytime the time difference between live and where I'm viewing is short (<30 seconds), I expect it's going to happen. When it skips to live, I can jump back and watch again without interruption.

On the speed of the FF and the fallback, I've started using the jump forward/backward options. Jump forward goes +30secs, jump backward is -10secs. To jump a commercial break, I usually go forward 3min 30sec, then skip at 30sec intervals. Once I see my show, I know the start is only 1, 2 or 3 steps back. Works better for me than over-compensating with other buttons.