Fast Forward Speed in New Interface - NO 4X!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast Forward Speed in New Interface - NO 4X!!!

philziggy
Character Actor
After the interface upgrade, the slowest Fast Forward (FF) speed is 15X. This is a major problem for serious sports fans. We like to record several games and FF through the boring parts. FF at 4X was perfect for this. You could 4X between plays in football and even pitches in baseball without missing anything (15X is way too fast for this). PLEASE bring this 4X ability back. Maybe even make the FF speeds selectable in the "remote" menu option. Some thing like choices of 4X/8X/16X/300X or 8X/16X/300X or 15X/300X.
35 Replies

Re: Fast Forward Speed in New Interface - NO 4X!!!

DISH Employee
This issue of the slowest speed not being good for the Sports fanatic has been discussed. If I can get your phone number on the account I will get this report started.

philziggy
Character Actor
Sure. My account number is XXXXXXXXXXXXX. My phone number is in My Profile. Thanks!

[b:2widgrsj][i:2widgrsj]Removed account number. -Matt G.[/i:2widgrsj][/b:2widgrsj]

Sorry for any confusion. Please send the phone or account number in a PM to Mike
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

20YearCustomer
Character Actor
Mike H. wrote:

I will get this report started.

Ok, it's been over 2 weeks.

What is the status of this report?

We want that 4X slowest speed back.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
just because you request it doesn't mean it's going to happen, Hopper 3 has been out for almost a year & customers have been asking for 4x since the first week.

20YearCustomer
Character Actor
Mike H. wrote:

This issue of the slowest speed not being good for the Sports fanatic has been discussed.

Any response back on your report Mike?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
20YearCustomer wrote:
Mike H. wrote:

This issue of the slowest speed not being good for the Sports fanatic has been discussed.

Any response back on your report Mike?

There won't be a response back. They take the information, and if sees it fits a better purpose, automatically add it into an update. There is very slim chance you will see it return.

20YearCustomer
Character Actor
Chadt4141 wrote:
There won't be a response back.
They take the information, and if sees it fits a better purpose, automatically add it into an update.
There is very slim chance you will see it return.

Thank you Chad, I wonder who else notices you often give much better,

longer more detailed responses than the employees that are being paid on this board.

You are also quick to answer when it seems they don't respond back to some questions at all.

You have over 7212 posts since 2014 helping everyone, while Dish's employees have far less each.

For example, Mike H. has 1808 posts since 2012 & Matt G has 2562 since 2012.

So you have about twice as many as both of them together in half the time, 8 posts per day.

I looked at the post counts on the other employees here & none have more that 2 per day.

And you even answer questions on all 8 of the main board topics!

I'm Impressed & Dish should Thank, Commend, or Reward you for

doing more daily work than several of their paid employees & all for free!

You state you're not a Dish "employee" but please tell us what is your connection?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
I am a former employee. Trust me, they all have about 5 times as many posts as I do. They monitor multiple forums, and offer far better advice, as they will have the current policies that they are not shy to correct me on, and I adjust into my future posts. They really are the best, and I do place full support in them. Luckily, I am not bound by corporate policy and can tell things a little more direct, which honestly is how it should be. That's why I do what I do.