Failure to record....again

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to record....again

Major Havoc
Visual Engineer
I was watching a movie today on AMC. The phone rang and I had to take the call, so I pressed the RECORD button, saw the screen acknowledge the press. I then turned off the Joey and the TV. Later, when I came back (about 10 minutes after the rest of the movie had ended, I pressed DVR to play the rest of the movie, and the recording WAS NOT THERE!!!! Seems it did not record as it said it was.

How come? This is not the first time that the Hopper 3 or the Joey confirms recording, and then records nothing. For what this costs me each month, I keep hoping that the features and functionality will improve, not get worse. But now I have one more thing that seems not to work quite often.

And yes, I had fully rebooted my set top yesterday, because it refused to play DVR files until I did that. I am not seeing warnings or errors on the screen, and pause, jump back, jump forward all seem to work just fine, which would seem to indicate that the HD is working just fine.

Suggestions please? Is this another new bug?

Thanks,
-Owen-
11 Replies

Re: Failure to record....again

tommyy2
Visual Engineer
Sadly I can no longer rely upon the Hopper to record the shows I tell it to, not for the last few months.
Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.
Very sad.

Major Havoc
Visual Engineer
tommyy2 wrote:
Sadly I can no longer rely upon the Hopper to record the shows I tell it to, not for the last few months.
Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.
Very sad.

Thanks. Its nice to know that it is not just my unit. Sad though, I recently signed a new two year contract. I hope it gets better, hate to think I have to get a lawyer involved to break that contract. SIGH!

sporttster
Character Actor
Mine is doing the same thing.....time for Dish to comment on this.

stile99
Cinematographer
sporttster wrote:
time for Dish to comment on this.

They already have. Rather than Dish copy/pasting the same response, how about the people who create multiple threads and then claim there's no response go copy/paste it themselves?

logdog
Visual Engineer
stile99 wrote:
sporttster wrote:
time for Dish to comment on this.

They already have. Rather than Dish copy/pasting the same response, how about the people who create multiple threads and then claim there's no response go copy/paste it themselves?

All Dish has been saying for the past five months is that it is a known issue and they are working on it. A fix is long overdue and an updated response would be nice. I don't think that is asking too much...

Chadt41411
Casting Director
An updated response... it's a known issue and is being worked on. That is all.

olds4422
Audio Engineer
yah I am have timers that were "set" to go off on certain day that were one time timers that DIDNT go off on that day as a result there is now multiple one time timers that never get cleared timers on top of them not recording. this been happen for while

Major Havoc
Visual Engineer

UPDATE on AUGUST 13 2018. That is almost a YEAR past the original post, and Dish saying they are looking at the problem. It happened again today, as well as a few times last week. Watching a show, this time on EPIXH 382. I had to leave with a little over 1 hour of the movie left. I pressed record, the press was again acknowldged on the screen with a "Recording...." message. I turned off the TV and set top. 

A few hours later, I returned to watch the last half of the movie, and once again, the program was not recroded. Nothing, nada. 

Hello Dish, can we PLEASE get old bugs fixed? 

DISH Employee

Hi, Major Havoc! Can you press the DVR button on your remote, and go to Schedule and tell me if the missing recording shows up on the Daily Schedule when you scroll up? 

Do all the other DVR functions seem to be working, such as pause/rewind, creating new timers when not currently on Live Content?