External hard drive

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External hard drive

caljreich
Character Actor
Does anyone have a DVR expander from dvrdaddy.com? I would like to get an external hard drive that works well with the hopper. DVR daddy claims to make a Dish specific external hard drive but I would like to know if anyone has any experience with that product. I can't find a 2TB WD My book external hard drive which is pictured on dishes website.
Any suggestions anyone
?
6 Replies

Re: External hard drive

DISH Employee
If you are interested in getting the EHD from our web site you can call into us to get it ordered and shipped or you can PM me with the phone number, 4-digit PIN and shipping address. It will cost $99.99 plus tax in going through us.

driven01
Extra
I've yet to get an EHD to work with my Hopper 3. (It did work with my original hopper).

If my DVR goes out, I'll lose ALL of my recordings.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Interesting, all 3 of the EHD's that I used with 722, Hopper 1 & Hopper w/Sling are working with my Hopper 3. I've had no issues at all.

caljreich
Character Actor
I purchased the 2TB DVR Daddy and it was simple to connect and setup was quick and easy.
So far it's been working great. It's nice to have to archive programs and free up space from my Hopper 3 DVR.

paxtonlo
Extra
peggyrh wrote:
Interesting, all 3 of the EHD's that I used with 722, Hopper 1 & Hopper w/Sling are working with my Hopper 3. I've had no issues at all.

Hi,
Will this work?... Here is what I want to do: Copy my Dish DVR VIP722K programs to DVRDaddy 'External Hard Drive Expander for DISH Network ViP 612 622 722 722k 922 & Hopper DVRs', then attach it to a new Dish Hopper DVR, and watch or load the programs from the VIP722, stored on the DVRDaddy. Will the Dish Hopper do this?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Are all of those prices of equipment on the same account? I ask because you cannot have Hopper Equipment with VIP equipment(except up to 2 owned VIP211 family receivers). The receivers must be from the same account all the way across. If they are, then yes. I have content from my 612 and 722’s still, through H1-up to now H3.