cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Error message with no audio

Felix1997
Extra

Since we had the dish installed in August, we have had an error message with no error number association.  There is no error message number on the screen as with other problems.  The screen shows this message:  "Unsupported audio signal - check your device output" and we have no audio just the picture for the home screen.  This happens quite a lot.  The only way we can get the audio to come on is to use the rewind arrow and then the forward arrow.  Does anyone else have this problem?  We do have a home theater connected and we use a signal splitter for a second TV in an exercise room.  This just splits the signal from the receiver, does not change the channel viewed.  I talked with a dish tech and she said that I should reset the receiver.  That did not help.  She also said I could find troubleshooting on the website, which for this there is nothing.  Prior to having Dish, we had Directv with the same set up with no trouble.

5 Replies

Re: Error message with no audio

DISH Employee

Hi Felix1997! I hate to hear that you're having some trouble with the audio. Does this happen with any particular programs or does it happen in general? 

Felix1997
Extra

Sorry, I did not reply right away as we were gone for a few days.  It happens when I first power on the receiver.  What is annoying is that it does not happen all the time, but maybe 50 to 75% of the time.  Doesn't seem to matter what channel it was on when I turned it off, whether or not we were viewing YouTube, or if I was playing a program that I had recorded.  If I knew what was causing it, I could fix it and then I would be happy. 

DISH Employee

Thanks for the info! If there's no error code, it sounds more like a TV set message; is it at all possible to attach a photo of that message so I can take a look?

Does this message come up before or after your Dish box has started up?

Felix1997
Extra

The error message only occurs after the receiver screen is shown.

You may be right about the TV having given me the message.  I haven't seen the error message the past day, so couldn't take a picture of it yet.  I did go into the menu for the TV and changed a couple of audio settings.  Perhaps that will correct the problem.  If I don't see the error message again, I will figure that it is fixed and will let you know.  I appreciate all of your help with getting the problem resolved. 

DISH Employee

We are glad to hear that the message has not occurred since changing the settings. Definitely reach out to us here on this thread or in a Private Message is that changes at all.