Error 021 - Smartcard Not Inserted

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error 021 - Smartcard Not Inserted

Gkennedy0969
Character Actor
The one thing I didn't know (and apparently neither did dish tech support until I got someone in the super advanced department overseas) is that my Super Joey has a removable smart card as well. This was what my issue was... After pulling out and reinserting it into my hopper and even after replaceing my hopper this in reality was the culprit... Once I pulled out the one in the living room as advised left it out... Then went back to my room pulled the one out of the side of my super joey counted to 10 reinserted super joey card... Then went back into living room and reinaterted the hopper card once the system rebooted... I haven't had the issue since.

So if you have a super joey try this to see if it helps!

DISH Employee

tslaten, if resetting the receiver and ensuring the Smartcard is inserted correctly is not working, then we will need to look into a replacement. Can you send me a private message with your phone number and 4-digit pin? 

Here is a link with step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

wcooper75
Extra
We were having the EXACT same issue. They replaced our hopper and we were STILL having the same issues. Couldn't find any support on the trouble shooting. But we did what Gkennedy0969 recommended and IT WORKED!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU

Gkennedy0969
Character Actor
Glad that I helped someone!