Equipment Upgrade and Echo Dot

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment Upgrade and Echo Dot

gulfvis
Character Actor
I upgraded my eguipment to the new hopper and 3 joeys. I used the my dish app and called to arrange the upgrade. When checking my account on dish.com there is a a promo to get a free echo dot. This promo did not appear on the app. I Would like this promo as my new equipment will be installed Thursday. Looking for help with this please.
7 Replies

Re: Equipment Upgrade and Echo Dot

peggyrh
Associate Producer
if you read the small print I'm pretty sure it says for new customers only - it's not an offer for upgrades for current customers.

Equipment Upgraded and Echo Dot

gulfvis
Character Actor
I upgraded my equipment to the new hopper and 3 joeys. I used the my dish app and called to arrange the upgrade. When checking my account on dish.com there is a a promo to get a free echo dot. This promo did not appear on the app. I Would like this promo as my new equipment will be installed Thursday. Looking for help with this please.

Re: Equipment Upgraded and Echo Dot

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Dish.com is the site for new customers. I don't believe existing customers qualify for the echo dot.

DISH Employee
gulfvis wrote:
I upgraded my eguipment to the new hopper and 3 joeys. I used the my dish app and called to arrange the upgrade. When checking my account on dish.com there is a a promo to get a free echo dot. This promo did not appear on the app. I Would like this promo as my new equipment will be installed Thursday. Looking for help with this please.
peggyrh wrote:
if you read the small print I'm pretty sure it says for new customers only - it's not an offer for upgrades for current customers.

As peggyrh stated, the free Echo Dot is only for new customers signing up for new services for a limited time. You do have the option to receive an Echo Dot for referring a new customer to DISH when using referral certificates that you can generate online at www.mydish.com. Once you have logged into your account select "Refer a Friend" to generate codes and choose your reward for referrals.

Also we do ask that you post a topic only once.

Re: Equipment Upgraded and Echo Dot

skoy2016
Costume Designer
I believe Chad is right. Echo Dot is for new customers. The price dropped to 35 bucks during prime hours. Back to 50 now. It works only with Hopper 3. They are saying it will work with Joeys in the future, too. To be honest, giving few commands to change channels is fun for a while. Pushing few buttons on a remote is much much easier. Voice commands are currently very limited.

Dragonz
Extra

Dish, it is not fair that only new customers get the latest newest equipment and promos.  As a long valued customer it would be nice to get new voice remotes without having to pay $20 for each remote upgrade.  It would be nice to have the latest hopper and joeys.  I also pay for equipment protection every month.  Part of this fee should include upgrades to the latest technology.  What good is being a long standing customer with old outdated equipment??  Tired of having to pay to upgrade to the newest equipment. I would love to have the new voice remotes, however, paying $60.00 for three new remotes is ridiculous!  Why can't you just swap them out for a good valued customer???

DISH Employee

I understand how frustrating it can be to see new customer offers as a long term customer. At the time of activation, all customers are offered new customer promotions. While the promotion will change from time to time, the value will remain the same.

I would be more than happy to take a look into your account to see what options we have available for you. Can you send me a Private Message with the phone number on your account and the 4 digit PIN?