Episode numbers are wrong

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Episode numbers are wrong

dmwinsd
Extra

Three recent series - Trust, Succession, and Sharp Things - are shown in the guide with the wrong episode number.  We have been with Dish for nine years and we haven’t seen this before. Two of these shows are HBO and one is FX. 

Tags (2)
3 Replies

Re: Episode numbers are wrong

DISH Employee

dmwinsd, Thank you for bring this to our attention. If we haven't done so already, we do want to check the TV Activity Screen by pressing;

(50.0,52.0,54.0 remote) Options>TV Activity>See if there is an available tuner

(40.0 remote) Red Tab button> TV Activity> See if there is an available tuner 

If there is, we want to update the guide by making sure that tuner stays open so the receiver can begin the process. You can also clear a tuner and Hard Reset the receiver by unplugging it for 10-15 seconds and plugging it back into the wall and allow the guide to update that way. 

Dwohnsiedler
Extra
My DVR skipped a show last night indicating not a new episode and when I checked it’s listed in the guide wrong (listing a RHONY episode that was season 10 reunion as season 3 reunion, so now I’ve missed it 😕.tried to set it to dvr when it re-airs later in the week but they are all listed as season 3.

DISH Employee

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This has been a reported issue to our Engineering Team that episodes are missing the "new" tag in the guide. They are currently working on finding a resolution to this issue. We are able to add your account to the report for the Team, if you can send a Private Message with your account number and 4 digit PIN. This will let them know that you are experiencing the same issue. For instructions on how to send a PM, here's a link: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

In the meantime, we have found a work around that may resolve the issue. You will place all receivers in standby for 30 minutes. This process will initiate a guide update. Let us know if this work around was successful for you. Thanks!