cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Entering 3 digits on a remote

tommix80
Character Actor

Just had a Hopper 3 system installed and I am trying to go to a channel using the remote and entering the 3 digit channel number.  I can enter the first two numbers but not the third, after the second number the tv jumps to that channel.

There must be a way to do this, can someone enlighten me??

Thanks

Tags (2)
5 Replies

Re: Entering 3 digits on a remote

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
It should set for primarily 3 digits, unless the channel number starts with a 3 or higher. If it does, it should give the 4 digit option. I’m assuming there is not a delay between pressing the first two buttons and the 3rd.

tommix80
Character Actor

Thanks for the reply but it doesn't matter how fast you enter the numbers, as soon as you enter the second number it jumps to that channel and it doesn't even give you a chance to add a third digit.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Just out of curiousity, if you hit the guide button, does the guide appear? Is it the full guide or the mini guide?

tommix80
Character Actor

Not sure what you mean by full guide or mini guide but when I select guide I see the guide from top to bottom of the screen on the left hand 3/4 of the screen.  On the on the 1/4 of the screen that is remaining on the right side it shows info about whatever show is selected in the guide.

Hope that makes sense.

tommix80
Character Actor

Just chatted with Dish and did a system reset and it seems to be working now.  Thanks for the help.