Edit Event vs. Edit Timer and other update questions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Event vs. Edit Timer and other update questions

Prior to the update, I was able to select 'Edit Event' rather than 'Edit Timer'. Can I still do that? I now only see 'Edit Timer'. I don't wish to change the setting on the timer, just on one event.

Other issues:

1. I set a recording for a late night talk show. While watching another channel at that time, Hopper changes to channel with recording. There are no conflicts and that is the only recording scheduled for that time.
2. Unable to manually record using remote 'Record' button. I used the Guide to find upcoming shows and pushed red Record button. I was told that those shows would record and they showed up in the schedule but they did not record.
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Edit Event vs. Edit Timer and other update questions

DISH Employee
The Edit Timer is the only edit option available currently. When you set those shows to record, were the timers set only to record once? What model Hopper do you currently have?

Re: Edit Event vs. Edit Timer and other update questions

Thanks for the response. This is regarding Timer shows that I've set to record 'Only New'. I don't have my 'Timer Defaults' add any minutes to 'End Late' to those Timer shows because I have Hopper with Sling where I can only record up to 3 shows at a time. From time-to-time, adding minutes would cause conflicts so I would use 'Edit Event' at those times when no conflicts would occur and so that my default setting would not be updated. It's not a major issue - I'm sure I can figure out a workaround to my issue but I was just wondering if that process was still possible.

More detail on issue #2 I asked about:
I had recorded a show from 10:35 to 11:35 (the show noted in my Other Issues #1). I started watching that show at about 10:45. At 10:59 I brought up the guide and used the 'Record' button to record a show on another channel starting at 11:00 and the one directly after that at 11:30. Those recordings appeared on my 'Schedule' tab but did not actually record. I'll keep experimenting.

Thanks.