ESPN problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESPN problem

djd1948
Character Actor
I am having a problem with my ESPN channel 140. During the Alabama/Clemson football game on 1/9, I continually received complete signal loss, partial signal loss messages. I also received the loss of HD switching to SD message. The signal continually became distorted and eventually went back to HD and the Complete/Partial signal loss messages started up again. I checked the other Channels and it was only happening on ESPN 140. This morning 1/10, it is still happening. Is this an ESPN problem, a Dish Network or something else?
8 Replies

Re: ESPN problem

DISH Employee
This could be an issue with either ESPN or DISH depending on whether there is poor signal strength. You can perform a check switch test to verify your signal strength. May I ask what model receiver you have?

djd1948
Character Actor
I believe it is a VIP 722K. I spoke with customer service last night about the problem and was told that they had been receiving calls about this problem.

DISH Employee
Let's check the signal strength first before performing a check switch test. In the room with the DISH receiver, click on the Menu button then select System Setup > Installation > System Info. Allow the Status to appear Good or 100% complete then advise us what color you have listed for Signal in box "g."

djd1948
Character Actor
Color is green in box g for 119, 110, 129.

DISH Employee
Click back one screen and select Point Dish > Check Switch > Test. Allow test to complete on its own then once done, you may cancel entirely out of the Menu. The receiver will have reset itself so when it is done retrieving signal and downloading program guide, check ESPN and see it is having the same issue.

djd1948
Character Actor
Reset is complete. I went to ESPN channel 140 and within 30 seconds I received a complete signal loss followed by a partial signal loss. Signal then returned to normal and within a few seconds it happened again.

DISH Employee
Please send me a PM with your phone number and 4 digit PIN for further assistance.

djd1948
Character Actor
Requested numbers sent. Please let me know that you receive them.