EPG is broken, disabled ALL timers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPG is broken, disabled ALL timers

sourdough
Extra
For the last 3 days the EPG data has been broken and has resulted in no timers working. It has also removed all icon tiles, everything ends up with a generic network icon.

Is Dish planning on fixing this so our original timers will begin working again? Or will we have to recreate every single timer (I have around 70, so that will take months...)?

Dish should really be giving account credits for every day this continues to stay broken!
3 Replies

Re: EPG is broken, disabled ALL timers

Chadt41411
Casting Director
sourdough wrote:
For the last 3 days the EPG data has been broken and has resulted in no timers working. It has also removed all icon tiles, everything ends up with a generic network icon.

Is Dish planning on fixing this so our original timers will begin working again? Or will we have to recreate every single timer (I have around 70, so that will take months...)?

Dish should really be giving account credits for every day this continues to stay broken!

This is the first report I have seen about the EPG being messed up completely. Doesn't sound like a widespread issue. I know a Fox News has issues right now on almost all providers, reporting as the Kelly File. Other than that, nothing specific. Sounds more like you're having a technical issue, warranting a replacement receiver. With the EPG being messed up affecting the DVRing, over 3 days, what kind of credit are you looking for? The max DVR fee is $15/month. So, $1.50? But you can still manually record stuff, and playback recordings, and use other DVR features, so we can split that up, say to a credit of $0.50?

sourdough
Extra
It has been reported on SatelliteGuys. Dish even responded either there or on another post in this forum stating 'our engineers are aware of the problem, in the mean time create manual timers.'

The receiver is not broken, I can create new series timers and they function correctly. I should not have to recreate over 70 timers over a period of months just because dish is being cheap and changed EPG vendors.

b2smx7f
Extra
sourdough wrote:
It has been reported on SatelliteGuys. Dish even responded either there or on another post in this forum stating 'our engineers are aware of the problem, in the mean time create manual timers.'

The receiver is not broken, I can create new series timers and they function correctly. I should not have to recreate over 70 timers over a period of months just because dish is being cheap and changed EPG vendors.

I have a similar problem. I have a seek timer set to record all the Pittsburgh penguin games and it does not work. When I called in for tech support a few days ago the said they had around 156 reports of this problem. I have tried resetting the device many times with no help. I thought the hopper3 was the next best thing but it appears to have similar problems to the older receivers. To make things worse I now cannot see my local ABC channel since there is a dispute between DISH and Hurst broadcasting. I guess it will be resolved at some point and will probably result in a price increase...