EHD no longer working on Hopper 3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHD no longer working on Hopper 3

autiger22
Extra
The EHD has been working since March 2016 on the Hopper 3 until recently. I have tried disconnecting/reconnecting and rebooting the Hopper with no luck. I chatted with a rep and was told it was probably a update problem that would be fixed. Can someone help me, I really want to get my EHD back!

Thanks
6 Replies

Re: EHD no longer working on Hopper 3

What exactly is going on with the EHD? Does a message show?
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

autiger22
Extra
It is not being recognized at all, there is no message posted. Before this started the EHD had a light that would stay on when the Hopper was on, but it is off now. Either the USB port is not recognizing the EHD or the EHD has a problem. I had an OTA in one port and the EHD in the other, I swapped them and the OTA still works and there was no change in the EHD. A question I have is did Dish update something that would cause the Hopper to not recognize the EHD. Do you have any suggestions?
Sam

I have given the OP a few ideas in PMs
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

JSracer
Audio Engineer
Matt, any reason not to share those here, if the next person might have a similar issue.
Hope that makes sense, like try step a b c d,

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Likely the first was something account specific such as a Hit sent to the receiver while the EHd was plugged in.

autiger22
Extra
Actually all suggestions did not work. Thought seems to be a Hopper 3 software update problem, others had reported the same problem with EHD not working. Matt took info on my EHD and reported the issue, now I wait for a fix from Dish.
Hoping this doesn't take too long.