EHD disappears and then Netflix stops working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHD disappears and then Netflix stops working

youngerberry
Extra

I have the new software update (U521) but I still have to do a reset every morning to get Netflix to work and get my EHD to show up on the recordings page. The netflix problem is the same one others are having where I have the Netflix splash screen but the volume is from the channel I was watching. I read where this update was supposed to fix this problem but it did not fix it for me. Can anyone at Dish suggest anything other than a reset every single day? This has gotten old real fast.

Tags (2)
3 Replies

Re: EHD disappears and then Netflix stops working

DISH Employee

Youngerberry, I can definitely understand that technical issues can be frustrating. I'm showing that this issue with the external hard drive has been submitted to our Engineering and Tech Ops team. The only work around that we have at this time is resetting the receiver. They will work on recreating this issue and then a resolution. Once a resolution has been found, they will release the fix in a nightly update that your receiver gets each night. Thank you for reporting your issue and your patience as we work to resolve it. 

youngerberry
Extra

Thanks for the reply LatrishaR. Any word on the netflix problem? I have to do the full reset to get netflix to work also.

@LatrishaR wrote:

Youngerberry, I can definitely understand that technical issues can be frustrating. I'm showing that this issue with the external hard drive has been submitted to our Engineering and Tech Ops team. The only work around that we have at this time is resetting the receiver. They will work on recreating this issue and then a resolution. Once a resolution has been found, they will release the fix in a nightly update that your receiver gets each night. Thank you for reporting your issue and your patience as we work to resolve it. 

DISH Employee

Hi youngerberry! I checked on that Netflix audio problem for you really quick and it is the issue others were reporting. That one also shows that its status is sent to engineering; which means they are aware of it and trying to target the cause.