EHD disappears and then Netflix stops working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: EHD disappears and then Netflix stops working

docdaddy
Character Actor

Typically I reset with the EHD connected. When this first started happening, my approach was trying to unplug then plug in the EHD itself to see if that allowed the H3 to see it again (typically that did not work.) Since it happens with a variety of EHD brands and types (all within Dish published requirements for a H3 EHD) I've concluded it's not an EHD issue.

What is happening with Netflix: If the EHD is not recognized, when I go to Netflix on the H3, I get the Netflix splash screen on the TV screen, but in the background the sound for the channel I was watching when I tried to start Netflix continues. The Netflix splash screen stays on the TV screen and the audio from the channel I was leaving remain - I've waited 15 minutes - and the H3 is locked up. Locked up as in none of the buttons (Live TV, Cancel, DVR, Menu, etc.) work and the only way to get out of it is to reboot the H3.

Ok, the Netflix issue is a known issue and the workaround is to reset the receiver.  This is being investigated further.

The EHD issue I am unsure on.  Will you please send me a PM with your phone number and 4 digit PIN so I can submit a report on the issue?

---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

tcat007
Character Actor

Same issue here with 2TB My Book. Disappears every morning.  HD reset doesnt fix, only Hopper reset works (3 of 4 times). I don't use Netflix on Hopper so don't know about that issue (I have in past and had nothing but problems getting back to other channels, so I use Roku).  

Never had HD disappearing issue until maybe 6 months ago.  I have 2 My books, both have the same problem.

Highlighted

docdaddy
Character Actor

I had that problem with my Hopper 3 for years and I tried different EHDs, updates, cables, etc. Sometimes it would get a little better then go back to disappearing.

I had to replace my Hopper 3 for an unrelated issue, and ever since I replaced it I have had no problems at all with disappearing EHDs, no matter what I use. So I assume it must be a bug in the H3 hardware itself for a specific receiver.